Something that may set your mind at ease.

Annie050408

Reaction score
Hi all,

I apologise if this is a sensitive subject but I have been given this information and found it very helpful.

My friend sent me this site after I told her that I am struggling to relax and enjoy the pregnancy. I thought I'd share it as it puts into perspective with these statistics - I am feeling much more positive about everything now.

http://pregnancyloss.info/statistics/

It outlines that 15-20% of pregnancies will end in miscarriage but that of those:

approx 75% of those occur within 1-2 weeks of conception (often before you realise you are pregnant)
around 10% happen during 3-6 weeks
approx 5% happen between 6-12 weeks

Hope it helps set other people's minds at rest too. xx

Thanks for that hun, hope it has put your mind at rest :hug:

Hi, Thanks for this. It gave me a little hope. I know how difficult it is not to worry.
I am 7/8 weeks now and I had a scan at 6 weeks and the doctor told me that it is not good and I will probably have miscarrige shortly. However 1.5 weeks passed and everything is fine. Fingers crossed.
Good luck.

Hi, Thanks for this. It gave me a little hope. I know how difficult it is not to worry.
I am 7/8 weeks now and I had a scan at 6 weeks and the doctor told me that it is not good and I will probably have miscarrige shortly. However 1.5 weeks passed and everything is fine. Fingers crossed.
Good luck.

Sorry to hear that Marlena although it sounds like hopefully the doctor was wrong- it does happen! :)

I also read that once the baby is at fetal stage (around 8-10 weeks) the risk of miscarriage drops dramatically.

Last edited:
Thanks Annie, it is something that is constantly on my mind so that does help. Marlena I will keep my fingers crossed for you XXX

thanks i found that good to know havng m/c lke alot of others its so hard not to worry i mst check myself 20 times a day to make sure but then im peeing for england anyway!

Thanks for that, it does help. I find I'm obscessively checking for blood everytime I go to the loo. This is my first, so no history of mc, and none in the family... But it is a worrying thought none the less. Thanks for sharing.

I'm in the same boat as you Happy Frog! When are you due?

Wow thanks Annie, so if you get past 6 weeks the chances drop to 5% for the rest of the trimester, brilliant X

Hi Annie
Thanks for this - it has put my mind at rest a bit. When I got my BFP I was all excited and that lasted a couple of days and since then I am stressing about m/c. I am overweight and have high blood pressure so I know the risks of m/c is quite high, but looking at it statistically it doesn't look too bad.
Just want to get to 12 weeks - but then there will always be something else to worry about!

Haha mablestarr, I was saying to my mum the other day how I was just looking forward to getting to 12 weeks so I could stop worrying...she came back with 'yeah, then you'll worry till your 20 week scan, then you'll worry until the birth, then you'll worry until the baby is 3 months old, then you'll worry till it's 1, then you'll worry.....etc etc'

I think this bit is to get us used to worrying for at least 18 years!!! lol

I havent stopped worrying since the day I found out I was pregnant!! This has put my mind at ease so much :thanks:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back