• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Something i read...

jo jo

Reaction score
In the sun on Wednesday i thought i would share...

There was an article about TTC and myths and if they were true or not...

This one caught my eye.

Apparently if a woman orgasms during intercourse the fluid that is released neutralises the normally acidic vagina which can help the male sperm to stay alive for longer

It was TRUE

was this the article with a banana on that my mum cut out and posted through my door?!! :rotfl: how to have a boy?

if you have a O it dips the cervix down to collect sperm too. I would wait till have 20 minutes still time. Btw if you are pregnant having an 'O' hurts!

I read that!!
One of the myths made me LOL
Sleep with a wooden spoon under your pillow with a pink ribbon tied round it for a girl and a blue ribbon for a boy :rotfl:

yeah that was the one holly

Skairdy that one made me laugh too.

Hiya
I read something similar that if you "O" then the waves that happen through yr body help the spermies on their journey up too ???? Also it relaxes you and makes your body more receptive xx

Yeah it mentions that you should orgasm when trying to concieve a boy in that shettles method thing I think...never tried it just an article I read online. But 99% of the time I orgasm (tmi LOL sorry) and concieved a girl, she must have been the result of OH not being able hold it in a bit longer haha.

the shettles method involves many things havinga O is just one of the suggested methods for a boy but more importantly its when you have sex,
Conceiving a boy

If you would love to conceive a boy Dr Shettles recommends the following.....
Abstain from sex during the four or five days leading up to ovulation as this will help to build up your partner's sperm count. You should then time sex to be as close to ovulation as possible, ideally on the day of ovulation itself as this is a woman's most fertile time (so do the baby dance as much as possible). As the Y sperm are more nimble, when released just prior to ovulation they will reach and fertilise an egg much sooner than their X counterparts are able.

The optimum vaginal environment for Y sperm to thrive in is the alkalinity of the 'egg white' cervical mucus present just before ovulation. As Y sperm are more fragile they are less able to survive in more acidic conditions, hence why having sex as close to ovulation as possible is recommended. Alkalinity is increased during the female orgasm so Dr Shettles recommends having one before, or at the same time as your partner if you want to conceive a boy. Whats more the female reproductive system contracts during and after orgasm which gives the Y sperm a helping hand in making their way speedily to the egg.

Have sex in a position that allows for deep penetrations (Dr Shettles recommends doggy style) as this deposits the sperm further into the vagina and nearer the cervix where the environment is more alkaline and the Y sperm have less distance to travel.
Conceiving a girl

If you have your sights set on a little girl here is what Dr Shettles recommends....
Have sex as much as possible on the days leading up to ovulation but then abstain for 2-3 days before and on the day of ovulation itself. This works on the principle that sperm are able to survive for up to 6 days in the female reproductive system and that by the time ovulation occurs only the more resilient X sperm will remain to fertilise the egg.

Have sex in a position that allows for shallow penetration (such as the missionary) as this deposits sperm lower in the reproductive system where the environment is less alkaline (so harsher on Y sperm) and where there is further to travel, giving the X sperm a fighting change of outlasting the Y sperm and reaching their target intact.

As the female orgasm increases the alkalinity of the vaginal environment making it more friendly to Y sperm, Dr Shettles recommends that women refrain during the fertile period if they are trying to conceive a girl.

HollyHobby said:
was this the article with a banana on that my mum cut out and posted through my door?!! :rotfl: how to have a boy?

if you have a O it dips the cervix down to collect sperm too. I would wait till have 20 minutes still time. Btw if you are pregnant having an 'O' hurts!
does it? :? it never hurt with me not with all 4 pregnancies

Anna23 said:
HollyHobby said:

does it? :? it never hurt with me not with all 4 pregnancies

It does occasionally with me :( Not during, but afterwards I can get terrible cramps.

It hurt me in the late stages of pregnancy

Great info u have in here.
I did follow the rules for conceiving a boy and i dad have a boy!!
the only thing i didn't follow is abstaining from sex before OV. I did BD everyday and twice a day during OV and lifted my legs up so sperms can reach the egg easily! it did work! orgasmed after DH LOL needed help as I was too nervous! (cause in mind i was thinking about conceiving so didn't enjoy LOL).

btw i bought PH test strips to see my body PH levels :rotfl:

Anna it knacked me, it felt like i'd broken something! Got worried and researched it and true enough happens to alot of people.

having a O in the later stages of pregnancy can bring on braxton hicks,I have a book on the shettles method and am hoping to try for a girl next time as a bit of fun,

honeymummy said:
having a O in the later stages of pregnancy can bring on braxton hicks
aww shame it never worked for me :lol: :lol: (james was 14 days late)
now you learn something new every day :D

braxton hicks is just practice contractions,the sperm can rippen the cervix if you are overdue but dont know anyone this has worked for,my 2 where 9 days late and 10 days late lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back