someone stop the spending

Gem & Leland

Reaction score
i think its cos im not working and to get out the house i go shopping but its killed me and im not panicing big time . i just counted what i spent in march alone and some of this will include food shopping as it was in tesco and i spent alot on nappies and formula / food stocking up but i spent nearly £600 :shock: alot was on boys clothes :shock: all bit it up to 9 months / year

i had sooo the wrong attidude , i was like this is my last months wages and i was gonna enjoy spending what i could now , now im feeling the brunt :(

tell me how i can stop spending just cos im not working :cry:

onto the £500 a month mat pay now instead of my 1200 wages so i got to do something :cry:

I've been exactly the same Gem! I got my first £500 maternity wage last month and it's been very hard :?

To get out of the house now I go to visit friends or relatives or just go for a long walk. I'm trying to avoid the shops now :lol: :lol:

Good luck!

do it online then you won't be tempted to buy extras. If you go out go for a walk to the park

:oops: im exactly the same, i cant stop myself, im a shopaholic im sure i do it throug boredum

maybe there should be a pf one :lol: My first mat pay one will be next month and it's half plus smp, so no doubt i'll struggle too :wall:

I spent far too much money in the first few months too - I had D at the shops often because he just spent his time sleeping so it got us out the house. Now he's bigger and I'm living on SMP we just stay in the house, go swimming, mum & baby groups or visiting so I don't spend as much. I also don't buy myself any clothes now - I'm waiting until my belly goes in a bit!

Walk, walk, walk!!!

I am broke too and walk for miles with the double buggy, i figure the kids love it, i am burning loads of calories and getting my figure back too, and also not spending money. I dont care where i walk, i walk for 2-3 hours a day if the weather allows.

Mind you we used to walk everywhere and go mountainerring all the time before the kids, we plan to start again once morgan is bigger and can go in the hiking baby carrier.

coming to mums for the weekend is bad for the pocket , were as bad as each other and just brought leland a really nice playmat , we did go halfs on it tho :oops: got him couple of toys too , rah ! least it wasnt clothes this time :oops:

I don't start maternity leave until June and I can totally see this being a problem for me as well. Sorry to hijack the thread, but when they say you get 112.00 per week.....is that after taxes? My employer gave me a print out of what SMP I would get each month and it said 518.00 or something. Would that be before or after taxes? Thanks!

i have no idea LOL

i got a print out too of what ill earn each month , it aint alot is it :roll:

Kimberly said:
I don't start maternity leave until June and I can totally see this being a problem for me as well. Sorry to hijack the thread, but when they say you get 112.00 per week.....is that after taxes? My employer gave me a print out of what SMP I would get each month and it said 518.00 or something. Would that be before or after taxes? Thanks!

I think that must be before tax. I got less than £500 this month and that was with a £15 tax rebate :shock: I could be wrong though!

Babylicious said:
do it online then you won't be tempted to buy extras. If you go out go for a walk to the park

But I end up buying more to get the free delivery/extra discounts!

Was just shopping online for a baby walker, ended up buying a playpen too!!! :oops:

I'm having the same problem. I can't stop buying clothed for Luke! Every time I go out I come home with new stuff! His wardrobe is overflowing and we have had to buy 2 new sets of drawers! :shock: :oops:

He has SO much stuff he hasn't orn that is all still tagged in the wardrobe too. It's silly!

I even text my sister from town on Friday saying "Someone stop me buying baby clothes. It's all your fault" LMAO!

and i had from 16 weeks preggy to buy clothes debs ! can u imagine the stuff that built up :shock: and his already gone through , prem , newborn and tbh aint gonna be in 0-3 much longer his soooo tall !

oh and do u want some size 2 nappies lol i got 72 of them and they really aint fitting well no more :oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back