someone help me :(

Gem & Leland

Reaction score
cant take it anymore , to change lelands bum , or get him dressed / undressed is like world war 3 , took 15 mins to get his nappy on this morning and sleepsuit done back up . last night took 2 of us pinning him down to get him dressed for bed after his bath . ive tried toys and stuff and i just dont knwo what to do ? is it a phase ? anyone got any tips cos honestly im struggling this week anyway and i just dont know how to deal with this ?

doesnt help his started tantrumming to the word NO , and if u take something away he shouldnt have he know throws a paddy . his devoloped a real stinking attidude !

Ellie is exactly the same, for nappy we usually give her something really interesting that she shouldnt have like mummys phone etc as she hates bein lay on her back. PJ's we've managed to suss a way of doin it while shes sat up lol so u just have to follow her around doing it bit by bit :lol: either way its a nightmare so i know how u feel :hug: :hug:

I posted about this a few weeks ago. Evie is a total nightmare too. It totally drives me potty! And she has started tantrums at the word no too

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: to all of you

if it helps most babies go through this stage theyre justexerting a bit of independence,no real advise for you sorry but just thought id let you know it will pass.until they get to about 2yrs and then they have another independent stage oh and again at 3 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: sorry im gona go now :oops:

Can't really offer much help, when Hayden got like that i used to talk to him really loudly lsaying "whos done lots of wees, need to change Haydens stinky bum" etc (sad i know...) while changing his nappy, or sing...that was the only thing that distracted him and kept him still enough! tried toys etc but he would throw them and then try to get them back! he now hates his nappy being changed again and says "you changed it already" lol but will not go on the potty :wall: :wall:

I've mastered breast feeding lil miss while shes sitting up on her changer facing me so I can pop her nappy on and her clothes on without a major paddy ensuing...

I'm also really limber so I can pin lil miss' shoulders down with my feet with her lying in between my legs so I have both arms free to change her. Tia went through the exact same stage :roll: I also resort to pull ups if I'm feeling lazy :rotfl:

Chocolate helps :rotfl:

Actually we've got quite good a putting a nappy on standing up! It's a nightmare isn't it. We just try to keep him occupied with something he hasn't seen for ages (like today I gave him the lid of his cutlery box thing) or after his bath, his milk was good while i got him changed.

Jared is exactly the same!!! its like holding a wriggling eel covered in oil lol, it is very frustrating to say the least, i now have something to hand for him to hold (like my phone or the sky changer!!!) this gives me about 40 seconds to change him before he realises I 've been diverting him :roll:

Good idea about pull ups Squiglet, think I'll invest in a pack!!

Sorry no advice :( but i bet ive got all this to come! Hope he's more co-operative soon!!! :hug:

ust fed up of everything being a battle, bathing even is now he stands up to get out , feeding can be hit or miss he'll either scream or eat ok last night mum banged a metal dog bowl and i spooned it in lol , totally dread nappy changing , or getting him dressed . this child must really hate me cos he wasnt this bad for his daddy :cry:

aaaarw gem, hugs for u and brian and i hope mr leland starts to settle down for u :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Funny Gem, James is easier getting changed for his daddy too. Our babies are roughly the same age, and yes, it's a nightmare. Distraction is the only option for us!! Wish I was as supple as Squiglet, you sound like you've got it sussed!

Leese said:
Funny Gem, James is easier getting changed for his daddy too. Our babies are roughly the same age, and yes, it's a nightmare. Distraction is the only option for us!! Wish I was as supple as Squiglet, you sound like you've got it sussed!

I'll get DH to get a picture at some point :lol: :lol: :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back