Some advice please...!

mandspice

Reaction score
I know no-one can really say either way but I just wondered what you think / would do in my situation…..I’ve been told by the nurse to take things easy because of my history and also some recent spotting. She said no sex, no dancing at xmas parties (!) and plenty of rest. I’m due to go to Bruges by Eurostar for New Year’s Eve. We’ll be leaving at around 7am NYE and it’s about a 4 hour jouney door to door….then obviously some sightseeing and a big night out - although no alcohol for me and I could always go back to the hotel early. Then we’ll be returning at 8am new years day, another 4 hour joureny including trains, walking and tube….my question is, should I go or should I stay at home and take it easy….?? (I’ll be 9 weeks then).

Sorry for the essay, I’m just having a real dilemma at the moment! x

Sorry for barging in on 1st Tri (Im always sneaking in here to see how people from ttc are doing1!)

I dont think Id go - altho it would be hard to say no it it has been planned for ages - but I guess Id justify it to myself as, New years comes EVERY year - a baby doesnt!

I guess you could go and try and take it really easy (i.e. not too much walking, going back to hotel really early, but then are you gonna feel like there wasnt much point in going?)

Sorry Im prob not much help :roll: x

me, being me i wouldnt go, i am so careful through my pregnancies i think im sure for 9 months i can do without these things, but im a very cautious person. i think at the end of the day no one can tell you what and what not to do, you must do what you think is right. you know how you feel trust you instincts

I think it all depends if you'll feel comfortable going?.. will you be able to relax and have good time? if so go but if not then it prob going to spoil it and you'd be better off at home with you feet up! :hug:

I don't think i'd go with a history like yours, I was petrafied of having sex as you know as i've already said about it and I havent miscarried to my knowledge yet but I did have heavy bleeding with joannas pregnancy. I had sex the other night for the first time in weeks after discussions but if i'd started to bleed I would of really blamed myself. I guess what i'm tryign to say is if you go and end up mc then you're really going to blame yourself for not waiting until next year and putting that b4 the pregnancy.

I hope things go alright for you either way and i'm sure we'll all support you whatever happens.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I wouldnt. Id rather be safe than sorry. That 1 journy/night could make a big difference.

sorry to be a bit of a downer but I wouldnt go :( Id be wary of a big night out at home chick, let alone one that takes an 8 hour round trip with tubes, trains and walking. Il be at home snuggled up on sofa celebrating the NY for sure! With some malteasers of course :lol:

xx

Thanks everyone, I've decided not to go, I think the thought of maltesers on the sofa swayed it hehe.

But seriously, you're all right, I just wanted to check I wasn't overreacting. Dh won't go either and we'll just go for a quiet meal locally xx

Think you have made the right decision hun there will be loads more new years, and you will have bubs to enjoy them with

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back