36 weeks check-up - got some dates!!!

treeze

Reaction score
Hi all

Had my 36 week check up yesterday and have got some firm dates and a sort of “plan” now for if the baby doesn’t put in an appearance by herself!

With my first baby I was induced at 7 days over and finally had her 10 days over so this time I’m really “expecting” to go overdue and have to be induced again. Anything before this is then a bonus!!

So I have got another ante-natal on 3rd May (38 weeks)

Then MW is on holiday and happy to not see me again until a week after my due date (unless I have any probs of course) and has booked me for a sweep at home on Thursday 26th May. I guess they’ll give it 24 hours to work and then it’s the bank holiday weekend so if nothing has happened I reckon I’ll be going in on Tuesday 31st May or Weds 1st june when I’ll be 12 days over.

I’m really pleased.. at least I will know I’ve given it the maximum time possible to go naturally this time around. I still wonder if 7 days over was a bit early to be induced last time and might be why it took 3 days to work!

Oh well I would be absolutely over the moon if baby decides to come along by herself this time. It’s a bit odd when you’ve been induced the first time as you never get that “I’m in labour… should we go to the hosp now? waters breaking at home etc” it will be really different this time around if I manage to not be induced.

Oh well only a few more weeks to wait – feel ready to POP now!

X x x

I would love everything to be this planned and organised :)

you must feel very in control!

how exciting!
xx

At least you have a plan if baby hasn't come on time. It is good that your midwife has organised all of this for you. xx

Aww its good to have some indication of whats going to happen. Im hoping ill get a few indications when i see the midwife next week. You never know you could only be a week away though!! x

Sounds like a good appointment :) Glad you got a loose plan too. Part of me would like a plan but part of me loves the 'not knowing when' part :lol:

Just hoovered the house top to bottom *off to have some rlt* :whistle:

Wow your midwife sounds nice and organised. I tryed to talk to mine about induction as I was hoping to be induced at a max of 7 days over (I went 15 days over last time), well thats if I go over. But shes on holiday next week and said we will talk about it on my next appointment on the 4th may when ill be 40+3. She also said the earliest they would induce me was 10 days over. I wanted to be all organised like yor and have set dates for everything but shes useless.. didnt even say whether Id be offered a sweep at my next appointment.

Wow your midwife sounds nice and organised. I tryed to talk to mine about induction as I was hoping to be induced at a max of 7 days over (I went 15 days over last time), well thats if I go over. But shes on holiday next week and said we will talk about it on my next appointment on the 4th may when ill be 40+3. She also said the earliest they would induce me was 10 days over. I wanted to be all organised like yor and have set dates for everything but shes useless.. didnt even say whether Id be offered a sweep at my next appointment.

hi Beth.. i think normally with your 2nd pregnancy you should be offered a sweep at 40 weeks and again at 41...

you're the opposite to me - i went in 7days over last time (and it took 3 days for induction to work) and this time want to be left longer... and for you 15 days over (OMG) and you want to go in sooner this time (which i can completely understand why!!!!)

my midwife said the longest they would let me go is 12 days over. i reckon they'll offer you a sweep at 40 weeks.

i think I've got a bit lucky with my midwife as I am under a separate group of just 10 midwives who cover a particular area of Colchester. They are sort of independant of the community midwives and the hospital (but not private or anything). They have been brilliant. I have got my own allocated midwife but they also run a clinic just round the corner which you can opt to go to where you might see one of the 10 midwives. it's good because i've seen various different ones now and for the birth you call them first and one of them meets you up at the hospital.

you should give yours a ring while your midwife is away on hol and ask if there's someone who can do a sweep at 40w for you! Aw hopefully you might go before then anyway.. although i've found it's really hard to imagine going early or even by your due date when you've been previously induced. Oh well i guess at least we know what to expect (in a way) if it comes to induction again.. i'll just want to be in and out a bit quicker than 3 days this time!!!

good luck - hope baby puts in an appearance soon and then you won't have to worry about a sweep x x x x

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back