• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Some advice please ladies.....

Samsgirl

Reaction score
Good evening....

I'm just wondering if anyone has had similar after miscarriage....

It started on the 4th March and the bleeding stopped completely a week ago yesterday..Had my re scan on Monday just gone which confirmed that all was okay and I was discharged

Since Wednesday I have been experiencing what I can only describe as ovulation twinges and strecthing feelings very similar to that i felt when i got my BFP. In fact...it's really quite cruel because it feels exactly the same as those first odd feelings and twinges when i was about 4/5 weeks pregnant....

I would have said on Wednesday I was going to ovulate, but have had completey negative opks and the twinges are still going on 3 days later....Not painful but just there..also feel a bit bloated

Any ideas? anyone had similar sensations and things going on just after a mc?

I'm not 100% sure hun but didn't want to read and run. I know after my miscarriage I caught an infection in my womb and was very ill with aches in my tummy and womb and fever. I hardly bled at all, just a very light bleed for about 24 -36 hours and really felt pregnant for a couple of weeks after. I even wondered if maybe it had been twins and I'd lost one but was still pregnant....but did a couple of tests and they both said negative. I think your body really can play tricks on you after a miscarriage, which makes things so much worse! Am not sure if this bears any relation to your experience, but I do empathise xxx

I'm not sure either hun x But if you were 9 weeks then your uterus would have stretched a little maybe and it could be going back into place and thats what your feeling xx Maybe make a wee appt with your GP if it doesn't stop or feel normal xx

Hello hun, I had a mc at 8 weeks in april 10 (but baby stopped growing at 5 weeks). I blef for about a week and then had aches and pains and stuff but took about 50 days for my period to appear again. Hope this helps xx

thanks ladies....

Looks like i am starting to get a surge this morning....there is now a faint line on the opk......the pain has also gone for the moment....so maybe it was just my ovary getting ready and the follicles and stuff getting ready to release...just took longer than normal cos of the mc.....so hoping the line gets darker and i get my surge. at least then i will know where i am..xx

How are you feeling samsgirl?

Glad things are becoming a bit clearer samsgirl, they do say that opk's can be unreliable in cycle after MC.

xx

well i got darkish lines on them straight after mc....about 4 days after...so i am taking those as the unreliable ones.....its 2 weeks since the mc now and then have been proper 100% negative for about 10 days except today...startign to get a faint line this morning....so either af on the way or startting to get a surge,....which would kind of make sense 14 days after mc as you cound that as cd1 dont you....but we will see.....not ttc this month...but trying not to bd at wrong times...lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back