Solids

nicola0531

Reaction score
Alex is 5 months old and about 4 weeks ago he started showing signs of needing weaned but when I tried with loads of different things he aint interested he clamps his mouth shut and wont let anything pass if its not breast or formula milk is he just not ready should I keep trying a solid a day or just wait and see if he shows signs of not being satisfied? :wall:

My Alex was the same, it wasn't until he was approx 24 weeks that he took solids properly and even then he'd only eat bloody banana porridge for weeks.

That sounds like he's not ready to be weaned.... Try him at 6 months with more finger type foods that he can play with and discover... food is really only something to play around with in the first 12 months, and regardless of what your HV/MW says babies can survive on breast/formula milk for longer than 6 months, they just might need some extra vit supplements. Slow and easy is the game :D

lil miss was obviously ready beause she did the whole baby bird mouth thing and still makes a grab for my food if I'm eating it... she threw a tantrum the other day because we went to burger king and I had chicken nuggets and chips and she WANTED some NOW!!!! :roll: She'll have a taste of anything she would...and even foods you can tell shes not keen on like carrot she will still open her mouth and eat more...

he seems more interested in what I am eating than baby food maybe I will need to start eating baby rice lol think I will just wait he will prob let me know when he is ready

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back