• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

soft spout cups?

nikkif

Reaction score
We are trying to get Charlotte to drink her milk from a cup instead of bottle (a.m and p.m). So far we have tried the last 3 mornings with a cup and she has had at most 2oz when she would normally have 5-7 OZ. I found a soft spout Nuby cup and we tried it tonight and she had her bedtime milk from it no prob which surprised me. My question is is the soft spout better for their teeth than bottles or am i wasting my time getting her to drink from them- shall i keep trying with the normal sippy cups?

Oh and she has been drinking water from a sippy cup for months now but doesn't drink much at once

Don't worry too much as it gives you a base to move them onto proper cups. We found the nuby a great one for transition for lil miss...They don't need to suck so hard on a cup plus the liquids come pouring out, so it gets them used to the idea of the cup... When I had Tia, Avent used to do soft beaker spouts which were great as they were the same as the nuby and were the same shape as the hard spouts, plus you could reuse your Avent bottles :D ... but I haven't been able to find them this time so nuby was the best and closest thing I could find...

Now lil miss takes anything, she still gets most of it down here, but it was a good cup to start from, and taking any form of cup always makes you proud :)

Heres a picture of her with the Nuby... :)

DSC_0263.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briguebbon
Back