So Upset :-(

gemmylou

Reaction score
So, just had my midwife appointment and due to both my SPD and my demanding job, and with the added bonus of my haemoglobin measuring 8.5, explaining the tiredness, she wants me off work for a couple of weeks to get my iron levels up and to catch up on some rest. (She told us at our appointment that if my levels were to drop anymore I would need to be admitted for a blood transfusion). This, despite not being the best news is not what's upset me.

I was due to be in work this afternoon so had to ring my boss to inform her that I'm being signed off. She was so horrid :-( She said "You're being signed off because of low iron?" even though I told her all of the reasons. when I replied with yes, she just said "Go home, calm down, eat some meat and ring me this afternoon".

My hubby sat there in shock as he'd heard the whole conversation, and now he's angry. I told my mum too and she was disgusted. She's finishing work early to come home to talk about it all as my hubby is working a late shift.

I know I'm hormonal too, but I'm so upset with her reaction. Just, as always, needed somewhere to write it all and hopefully get some reassurance that I'm not an over reacting, hormonal pregnant woman!

Ooooft. She sounds like a pleasant woman to work for!

Low iron is serious enough to warrant resting and looking after yourself, she shouldn't be belittling it like that.

Try not to let it upset you. xxxx :hug:

Tell work to knob off!!! Just shows how you are just a number doesn't it???

what a bitch!!!! dont let her stress you out, its not like you're making it up. you have to do whats best for you and your baby not her!! silly cow dont be forced into going into work for definite, you need to stay at home and follow the medical advice you've been given. really hope you feel better soon xxxxxx

Your boss sounds awful. Your midwife has advised no work and plenty of rest, so that is the advice you should take - not to "calm down and eat some meat". Stupid boss.

Don't take anything she said to heart hun, just enjoy some rest and relaxation at home and get those iron levels up. It is serious, so needs to be treated as such.

Big hugs xxx

She can't argue with a signing off hun, she's not allowed to by law. For you to return to work earlier than the sick note you have to be signed back on, as soon as the mw wrote out the note you are protected by law. Tell her to get a life and google the symptoms, even in non-pregnant women anaemia is bad enough.

Try not to stress out over it, take the time to relax and rest as you should :hug: xxxxxxxx

God noooooo!!!! You are MOST DEFINITELY not in the wrong. That bitch of a boss is a bloody disgrace!
You get yourself rested my lovely, and if you feel strong enough I wouldn't phone her this afternoon. I am appalled at her reaction.
Firstly, you would not be insured to be back at work.
Secondly, you have been told to rest - so expecting you to call her now would prevent that from happening. She is on a very sticky wicket at the moment. There can be serious consequences when a boss puts a pregnant member of staff under any unnecessary pressure!

You take care!!!! Xxxx

Thank you everyone! You all made me feel much better about the situation. Now I've got a trip to the doctors at 10:10 to pick up a new iron prescription and a sick note. Fun times! xx

Keep your chin up hunny and concentrate on getting better xxxxxxxx

Some people can be sooo insenstive xxx

Grrr how horrible, i would just igore them and concentrate on resting up and getting better. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back