SO STRESSED!!!!

Hayley05

Reaction score
Is it okay to have a couple of glasses of red wine while pregnant? I have heard it is good for the heart...I am so stressed, I could use a couple of glasses to ease my mind!!! What have you all heard??? Thanx. :?

Apparently no alcohol is the safest option but my sister in law had a glass of red wine each evening towards the end and her and baby were both fine, just be sensible about it and it should be fine :)

Hi! I have heard a glass or two a week is fine, but I have chosen not to drink any alcohol at all until I have stopped breastfeeding. It will be the longest time ever without alcohol (not that I am alcoholic or anything!? lol) but I feel I like to be on the safe side. Not that I am wouldn't mind one every now and again, but I feel it is for the best.

Sarah x

if i need a drink, i have a glass of wine topped up with soda water or lemonade or just drink lambrini light, (not the nicest) but my midwife told me 2 glasses a week is ok, and some times u just need to relax in the bath with a nice glass of wine lol

if i need a drink, i have a glass of wine topped up with soda water or lemonade or just drink lambrini light, (not the nicest) but my midwife told me 2 glasses a week is ok, and some times u just need to relax in the bath with a nice glass of wine lol

Well I intend to have a glass of wine tomorrow night to celebrate reaching 12 weeks.

My last glass of wine was about 7 or 8 weeks ago.

It is my intention to have a glass of wine every 2-3 weeks from now on.

I wouldn't get stressed out though. Stress in more harmful to an unborn baby than the occasional glass of wine as long as it isn't too often.

On my box of pregnacare supplements, it says you can have seven units a week! :eek: :eek: :eek: a little excessive if you ask me and I can't believe they advocate it.

My GP said a glass of wine on special occassions won't harm me so I am sticking with that.

Try not to worry though, Its not like you went into a wine bar and had every cocktail off the menu! Im sure you will be fine.

I've seen all sorts of different advice from 'never drink' to 'up to 8 units a week'. My midwife said '1 unit per week, but the NICE guidelines say 1-2 units a day up to 8 per week.

Remember there was a time when women were told to drink Guinness, for the iron, when pregnant and my grandma was told to have a glass of sherry - again for iron! - every morning by her doctor when she was pregnant with my Dad. My Dad's a retired academic and over 6 ft tall so I don't think it affected him and my granny still has her glass of sherry every day. She'll be 100 this year.

So enjoy your glass of wine and don't feel bad about it ;o)

Ohhh, ive completly stopped drinkin, i know if i have a glass of wine ill wanna finish the whole bottle, lol.
But i have decided t hat i m allowed one glass and one glass only, on saturday because i am gooin to a wedding reception, it is a special occasion after all, and its my celebration drink for my scan that im havin tomorrow.

bec x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back