so, i just got letter through the door this morning

racheldee

Reaction score
from work saying that they've refused my maternity pay because my monthly earnings were not high enough ( i needed to be earning more than £95 a month but i don't because i pay NIC and only work 5 hours a week at about £25 due to the fact my work cut my hours down and finding another job round my area is like gold dust so i stayed on because i'd rather do that than be on JSA!! )
i couldn't be more pissed off right now, my manager could have mentioned that to me!

i started my leave on the 1st of may and i handed all my maternity forms in around february time but they've only JUST told me they can't pay me, i could have sorted this all out at the jobcentre ages ago if i knew sooner but now i have to run around like a headless chicken trying to sort it out asap as i'm due at the end of this month!
so i've missed one weeks worth of pay already and now i know why the bank have been reversing all my bills and charging me for not having any money in my account :mad:

arrrgh this is not what i need right now!!!

Last edited:
The exact same happened to me when i was pregnant with Jacob, i was well screwed out of it. Then the cheeky twats found a way to screw me over again when i went on maternity leave to have Lucas. Both times could have been avoided if i had worked like 2 more weeks or something but the swines didn't tell me.

You can still claim SMP from the job center hun xx

ahh, i just didn't need all the hassle in the month my baby is due, it could have been sorted out so much sooner if i was told :(

That is so wrong! everyone should get it in my eyes!
so what happens if someone isnt working at all?

well because they don't work they wouldn't get maternity leave thus wouldn't qualify for maternity pay/allowance
i think they would get income support or they would already be claiming job seekers and be eligible for £500 sure start grant, healthy start vouchers and child benefit

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back