So frustrated :(

Louise198504

Reaction score
Hi All ,

New to the forum so please go easy on me! ;)

We've been TTC for 7 months now with no joy. I came off the pill in April and we have pretty much been at it since!

My periods had started to regulate themselves around August time, I was only ever 1 or 2 days out at most (apart from the first month off the pill where I was 10 days over but I expected that!), then September when we returned from holiday I was 2 weeks late, can imagine how excited I got, but after 3 HPT's coming up negative I came on and all was restored.

My last period was 1st October, I am now 3 weeks late, now signs of AF and have had more symptoms than I can remember - but had 4 neg tests! I have been trying to stay calm about it all but so frustrated! I just wanna know whats going on. I'm so scared there is something wrong with me, and with every neg test I feel like I'm letting my DH down :(

AND! Top it all off my best mate has just informed me she is preggers too, and they are not even trying!!!! I wanna be happy for her as she's my best friend but something else I wanna cry over!

Sorry to ramble on - I just wanted to be able to moan to people who I hope understand :( xxxx

Orrr huni, know exactly how you feel, I have too been TTC for 7 months and my friend has just announced her pregnancy...you paint a smile and say your happy but deep down absolutely gutted that yet gain we have no news to share! Have you seen your GP re: irregular periods? There is also some herbal vitamin you can take which apparently helps regulate periods, agnus castus I think...keep your chin up :)

Hi Louise,

Welcome to PF hon!!! You will meet some lovely ladies on here who can advise you.

I really would not stress too much about the TTC just yet. 7 Months is not actually that long when TTC as they say it can take up to a year (i know it seems frutrating :-() It seems to me that your periods are taking time to regulate themselves which is normal after you have been on the pill plus you have been on holiday which always messes the body up especially if you have been abroad.

Why don't you buy yourself some cheap ovulation kits and POAS every day over the next month (when you do get your next period start from day 1) to see when you are ovulating then you know when is best to try for a baby. Also get Conceive gel or Preseed to help the swimmers, and take pregnacare tablets every day (both of you)

If you are really worried then go to your Gp to get the ball rolling with some standard tests, i/e 21 day blood tests to see if you are ovulating etc ect. I will say now that a lot of GPs will not send you for tests until you have been trying for a year so if you want to find out now I would tell them you took your last pill in Jan/Feb i.e you have been trying for nearly a year.

Try and get it in your mind now that you are not letting your OH down. You are both in this together and it is team work for both of you. Don't forget his swimmers have to be good too.

I am sure everything is fine. It take ages for the body to get back to some normality after the pill (up to a year). I know it is frutrsating but try and not worry so much.

As for your friend well yes it hurts (we have been TTc for over 2.5 years now and my little brother announced 2 months go that he is expeting his first baby in March) but your time will come.. promise.

let us know whether you nede any other advice or info.

Love Gizzy xxxxx

Hi, im in the same boat as you have been tring since may and my best friend has just told us that shes pregnant(took her 7months tho) so im very happy and excited but gutted im not aswell. Fx our times will all come soon.

Michelle. x

welcome hun, sorry to hear you are feeling down, dont apologise bout your rambling everyones entitled to a good moan and all the ladies on here are lovely and nice support.

maybe book an appointment with gp to have chat bout your cycles hun or you could try evening primrose oil, ladies on here said it helps with your cycles?

i had the same other week (been ttc since july) my mate tells me she pregnant after missing her pill once, i dont think i hid that i was jelous too much tho :( awful i am but am happy for her all the same just wish i was too thats all.

anyway hope you feel better soon xxx

hi louise,

i'm also new to the forum and have had similar probs since having mirena removed!

i have to admit that since we started ttc, i have become slightly obsessed with what my body is doing and been quite irrational at times in the 2ww :roll lol.
However, i've put my 'obsession' to some use and have done lots of reading. Agnes castus has some good reviews for regulating cycles/hormones (although most of the studies/trials have been small samples),

Anyway decided to give it a try as its half price in holland & barratt at the mo (£3.99) - will let you know how i get on

clara x

Aww girls thanks so much for the lovely replies.

I feel a little better today but not masses! But a little means I'm getting there.

I know what you mean about painting a smile on - I so wanna be happy for my BF but it annoys me the way it's come around with her (long story!), just seemed so easy.

If I knew the pill done this to my body I think I would have come of ages ago, hindsight as they say I guess.

I did go doctors last month when I was 2 weeks late but was made to feel like I was wasting their time, which didn't help. I'm over 3 weeks late today, this is the longest I have been late since coming off my pill.

Thanks also for the recommendations - I'm gonna pop in Holland&Barrett at lunch and see what I can find.

I've heard about preseed, I was considering that, think I might have to look at getting ovulation sticks though, can anyone recommend any good cheap ones and where to buy them?

Thanks again girls, it's just nice I can have people to talk to who know exactly how I'm feeling xxxxxx

Hey newbie! :)

I use the Clear Blue Fertility Monitor so dont know that much about the ovulation sticks but I have heard that if you want to get some chepies that the One Step ones on ebay are ok :)

I also use Evening primrose oil, pregnacare conceive, AC and conceive plus lube :) oh and dont forget the legs up against the wall:roll:

The cheap ovulation sticks are on Amazon and you can buy 30 for about £5/6
Goos luck

Gizzy xxx

I really feel for you hon - i'm in my 2ww now and it's nearly killing me. It's such an emotional rollercoaster. One minute i'm sure i'm pregnant because of all the symptoms I seem to be having and the next minute i'm sure i'm imagining it all.... I feel upset when I hear anyone else I know is pregnant and even cry when I see babies on TV. My DH finds it difficult to understand and everyone keeps telling me I have to be patient, but I feel like i've been waiting for so long already... I think the herbs/supplements the other girls suggested sound like a good idea - i've also got my DH on supplements to help improve his sperm, so might be worth a try too.... Stick with it hon - we're all with you!:) x

docs really shouldl tell us when we go on long term birth control the issues it can casue in the future. Knowing what I know now I am very suspicious of the women who get pregnant claiming they have forgotten just a few pills out of a pack!

I'll second that! If I missed even a single pill, I was like right that's it I'm pregnant and... Funnily enough I wasn't! Infact I started a thread on it 'I think they lied'.

My periods took ages to regulate when i came off the pill and I could easily go 6 weeks between. I have been ttc for 7 months this month and I am using ov kit this time round. Not a pro at reading them yet and not sure whether they are dark enough yet, but the 2nd line went dark yest so just gonna bd till it goes light again and then we should be set!

No need for any apologies about moaning or feeling down- we have all been/will be there at some point. I just found out my best friend is not trying not preventing and although I would be happy for her if she got a bfp, I would also be gutted and really jealous! I feel like it's my right to get pg first as I have been trying longer!

Fx for a bfp for you soon Hun- and for the rest of us (me included!) :)

XX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back