• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

So disappointed

skairdykat

Reaction score
Got a txt last night from a mate up the street saying that Caulay has been letting car tyres down. I questioned him and he swore to me that he didn't, that it was one of his mates other mates. I trusted him yesterday to go with his friends from our street to another part of town to see his mates friend from shool. Apparently it was him that let a car tyre down and they just watched. I remined him he'd be in more trouble if he lied but he was addament that he didn't do anything.

I asked him again this morning and he ended up admitting that him and the boy from our street had done one car also. So I have grounded him for that.

Then I rang my mate to get the full story because I thought it a bit strange that she knew what he'd done when she lives in our street and this was somewhere else. I just thought that her son may have told her cause Caulay and this other boy had been talking about it. Turns out that she didn't know anything about this other car and she was on about on in our street further up!!!

He's been 'falling' down at the side of a car and taking off the cap thing on the wheel and letting air out of the tyre. Not just him but a few of them were there to. Two of the other boys more so than him.

I'm fuming I can't believe he's touched someone elses property like that. I really didn't think he'd do that. I'm soooooo disappointed in him :( After all the trouble we had the other week with idiots throwing stones over the houses and now my own son is doing that. Were have we gone wrong?

How do I deal with this now apart from grounding him?

Oh NO, I'd absolutely hit the roof.

If Mason did that I would make him apologise to the car owners and take something away for at least a month, like his DS or something, as well as grounding him. I suppose its something most of us are going to have to deal with at some point though, it's not your fault, it all about who they are hanging around with and the pressure they are under to be "cool".

I really don't think you've done anything wrong, you know what kids can be like with peer pressure & they just think its all 'a laugh' & just don't think about the consequences.
I did things I shouldn't have when I was a kid like shoving dog poo, leaves & twigs in post boxes :oops: It was a dare & obviously very funny at the time :roll: if my Dad have found out he would have knocked me into next week (literally!)

I would sit him down & just explain why he shouldn't do that & not touch peoples property etc & ask him if he would like someone to touch his stuff. Make his punishment one he'll remember & he'll think twice before doing it again.

Good luck :hug:

Thanks for replying.

There are two other lads that are younger than Caulay and Connor (his mate) and they are the mains ones. They are really sly kids and I don't like Caulay hanging round with them but there's about 10 of then who play together so I can't really stop him. We've grounded him for a month and stopped his pocket money too. Is that too much? I just really don't want him ending up like one of those yobs you hear about. It terrifies me that he will :?

That sounds fine, not too much at all, TBH I think I would have been harsher and made him apologise to the people.
As a car owner I would prefer to know the kid who did it to my car got found out and punished.

I think I will take him upto the guys house later and get him to say sorry.

He had his bike stolen the other day so he knows what it's like for someone to touch his stuff but he's still done this :x :x

Thanks guys :hug: :hug:

Whenever Dan does anything like that our first punishment is apologising.

Last time anything happened, they were chucking wet toilet roll bits at peoples windows along the back street. I gave all 6 of them a big lecture on repect and responsibility, told them if anything happened like that again they wouldn't set foot in my house again, and made them all go and apologise to every single house and ask to clean up the mess. Standing up to 6 14-16 year olds was a bit scarey, but they've been as good as gold since.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back