So disapointed its untrue :-(

beth1234

Reaction score
Hey girls, just wanted to have a moan, this is gunna be a long read!!

Well, since 28 weeks iv been sufferin with rib seperation and torn muscles on my right side, cos im so small and hes quite a decent sized baby..and at every midwife appt iv been to iv seen somebody different, who has no idea about my history..sometimes evrn how far along i am!!

Well i see my consultant weekly also, and last week he wasnt in, and i requested a sweep last week at 38+4, because i really cant go on any longer with this pain, especially with havin a 2 year old to run around after also..and be a single mum! And that midwife refused becauze A, have to have consultants permission and he was on hol, and B, his head was only 2/5 engaged. So she told me to go to my cmw next week (as in this week) and request a sweep off her.

Today - that is what i did. And she point blank refused, because his head is completely FREE. i could cry. Not even 2/5 which i know is nothig but better than FREE! im so disapointed. She also said that it wasnt just thay, but to have sweeps before term (im 40 fucking weeks on sunday, youd think she'd cut me some slack!) i have to have my consultants PERMISSION!
And then she went on to say ''oh i think hes on holiday this week too...'' which could mean no sweep at my consultant appt tomorrow!!!

Im soo upset. Im in constant pain, and all they keep doin is fobbin me off with dihydracodeine- WHICH iv told them does nothing and im refusing to take because the baby will have withdrawel symptoms because there an opiate!

I feel like it is never going to happen. I told her about poss losin my plug, she said she thought it was just discharge! I cant stand the thought of goin overdue in this pain!

Sorry to rant and moan- just needed to vent my anger :-(

Xx

Hey Hun if you go to hosp triage and tell them the pain tour in they can over ride your mw and consultant and give u a sweep if baby is facing down free or engaged as they go on pain ect .. Hope this helps it worke for me at 39+6 x x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

also if you go to consultant app tomorrow n he is still on holiday your care should be being over seen by a different consultant. They cant just leave you with no consultant care because he's away so another consultant will have the authority to do you a sweep, dont let them fob you off!! To be honest though be prepared for them not to be able to sweep if your babies head is still free there is a chance your cervix will be completely closed and they wont be able to get in there to sweep you.

I'd say that with all your problems with ribs etc you should be able to push for an induction at 40 weeks. Just dont let them fob you off saying wait to go naturally, cry if you have to!!!!

^^^^ I second that :D ask for an induction at 40 weeks and cry I would x x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks girls, iv tried the hospital trick twice and just been sent home!

I reckon the crying thing will be no problem as i was close to tears last week when they refused a sweep. Yeah im totally goin with a 'no sweep' mind set, i will ask.. But il prepare for them to say no.

They have said at an earlier appt ( not sure when) that they wouldnt let me go overdue, yet no induction date has been set. And last week when i mentioned it, the midwife said that it could end up resulting in a section because trying to induce when my body is not ready is dangerous, frightened the life outta me!! Although she did say its in my favour that this is my second baby as il be more sensitive to the gel

Ahhh fingers crossed for tomorrow!

x

wtf!! might do your body bad if your induced at 40 weeks?!?!? is she mad - yes i think cutting you open will be more benificial for your body - dappy woman lol!! i would refuse c section without trying an induction if my baby was head down x x x

I think she meant that inducin me if my body isnt ready could result in an emergency c-section, like if the induction failed.
But tbh, if that happens... It happens! Could happen even if i go naturally, seein as he isnt engaging at all!

God, every midwife (bar 1 or 2) iv seen this pregnancy, an iv seen about 9 different ones, have had this ''okay, had enough of pregnant people now'' attitude! And have acted as though every pregnancy is the same!

Its bloody 2:50am, and i cant sleeeeeeeep coz these BH's are drivin my torn muscle insane!

Hope the hospital are ready for me tomorrow (...more like this morning!) because SUPER HORMONAL BITCH is bein unleashed!
:-D maybe a bit of the ol waterworks too which shouldnt be a prob!

o this is terrible i know they have rules to stick to as many pregnant women just want it to happen at this stage but seriosuly leaving u like that is terrible i would refuse to leave until you see another consultant i agree with the ladies they cant leave u without one at this stage there will be someone taking over his/her workload while they are away.

i feel ur pain im only 27 weeks and have a 15 month old to run after all day its so exhausting and im in so much pain sometimes baby feels so low i feel im sitting on its head some days lol keep us posted xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back