So confused and depressed

Moofa

Reaction score
Hi

Me and my DH have been trying for 3 months. Due to having irregular cycles I POAS for OV. This month POAS and OV'd round about the 8th August so should have done a pregnancy test or had AF on the 22nd August this coming Wednesday.

However, AF turned up this gone Saturday 18th August, 10 days after OV.

I'm feeling so down. This Monday just gone 20th August was our second wedding anniversary and I was hoping for a BFP, instead AF appears 5 days early and ruins our anniversary mini break

Why did I start 10 days after OV?

Mx

:wave: not sure about why af turned up 10 days after ov but i think some woman do ov quite late in cycle. (I hope some one will correct me if I am wrong)

Happy anniversary for yesterday I hope she did not ruin your mini break to much, she always turns up when you do not want her to. :hug: :hug:

Hi

Thanks, the mini break was good, just hate being on and looking for the nearest loo all of the time.

It was strange though had no signs, no period pains, cramps and only lasted 3.5 days rather then the 5-7 days and doubled over in pain.

Peoples luteal phase (the time between OV and AF) can vary from 10-16 days. Mine is always 14 days. Yours may be 10 days. It's usually the same every month though. Is it the first time you've used OPK's? If so maybe it's just the 1st time you've realised your luteal phase is 10 days.

Hi

second time using OPK's and it was roughly 10 days after last time too. :)

Thanks for the info

mine is about 11 days judging on this, my first time OPK-ing.

As to why AF came early, who knows with the dodgy, mysterious ways of AF? :x

Hi

I wish my AF cycle was regular it can be 21-33 days :wall:

Hope this won't affect my fertility?

I just tell my DH we have to keep going everyother day as the Dr suggested, poor thing is shattered, if he hadn't been at the surgery with me when the Dr advised that my DH would have never believed me :D

My cycles are irregular too. Anywhere from 23-33 days since coming off the pill in Jan this year :wall: I started spotting on CD20 this time and didn't start AF till CD29 so had a full 8 days of spotting b4 she even showed up :wall: :wall:

It's soooooooo annoying isn't it? My cycles were really regular in my early 20's which is the last time we TTC so irregular cycles are all new to me and they are doing my box in LOL.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

:hug:

Thanks

My Mum is the same and had 3 of us so I might ask her how long it took her to concieve. Her mother though was as regular as clockwork, if she hadn't seen AF by noon on the 28th day she knew she was pregnant!

Mine seem to be getting longer and longer at the minute! :wall:

It would be nice to be so spot on regular that you knew if you were late you wee pg......would save a fortune on test!!! :D

Hi

Yeah the tests are getting expensive. Just asked my Mum how long it took to concieve us and she said not long :wall: not a precise answer.

She asked how long we had been trying and I said 2 months and she laughed and said not long give it time :roll:

my cycles are 41 days but seem to be getting longer (52 today and no AF) been trying for 13/14 months. What id give to have a 28 day cycle :pray:

Strange

My AF was early, with no symptoms or cramps, 3.5 days long usually 5-7 days long and now I feel really sick :?

Have you done a pregnancy test? It could have been implantation bleeding?

Good luck

Sus x

Hi

It was quite heavy, does that matter?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member