So close with breastfeeding ...

Hey, sorry, they only tend to interfere with supply when you suddenly introduce them to a baby who feeds without. I found TT closer to nature ones best, they are more rounded and have holes in the sides so that milk doesn't collect in them, and they come in a wee case for carrying/sterilising. X

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

Well it looks like we will be getting home
By the weekend and I'm going to be stopping at boots or nipple shields on the way home.

Spoke to DS Scotland yesterday and she told me that it will really help him to use the nipple shields so that's enough for me.

Aaron is now feeding on demand every 2-3 hrs (the hospital have him on a 4 hr feed regiment) but starting to sleep longer through the night.

Expressing is exhausting but worth it, however of I could get him
On my boob it would be so
Much easier!

Please excuse any typos from my fat fingers!
Tapatalk madness!

Good to hear you are getting out, you start to feel institutionalised after a while don't you
Following the thread as I suspect we will have same problems, my milk supply is crap though, not sure Charlie will take to Bf once home

Just wanted to say that you're an inspiration Tweety!! And a shining example of how perseverance pays off.

You should be so proud of yourself for everything you're doing for Aaron - you absolutely could not be giving him a better start and I have no doubt that the benefits of all your hard work will stay with Aaron for years to come.

He's a very very lucky little boy to have you xx

Just wanted to say that you're an inspiration Tweety!! And a shining example of how perseverance pays off.

You should be so proud of yourself for everything you're doing for Aaron - you absolutely could not be giving him a better start and I have no doubt that the benefits of all your hard work will stay with Aaron for years to come.

He's a very very lucky little boy to have you xx

What a lovely thing to say thank you x

Tapatalk madness!

Good to hear you are getting out, you start to feel institutionalised after a while don't you
Following the thread as I suspect we will have same problems, my milk supply is crap though, not sure Charlie will take to Bf once home

My milk supply was crap to begin with, try to preserve x

I imagine we will face some of the se challenges, feel free to pm me any time xx

Tapatalk madness!

Picked up nipple shields today ... Just waiting for him to wake for a feed!

Tapatalk madness!

He's doing it!!! He's doing it!!!!

:pompom:

Tapatalk madness!

:) so p,eased for you well done for persevering xx

So .....

He stayed on the boob for about 40 mins

Then he threw up

Then I tried him with the bottle to make sure he wasn't still hungry and he took a full feed :confused:

Hmm, how much did he throw up? And what's a full feed for him? Your doing so well :) Xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

He didn't throw up loads, but he's not a sicky baby and this is the first time that he's ever thrown up.

A full feed is anywhere between 80-120ml of expressed milk normally.

I'd guess that the amount thrown up was about 10mls

Its frustrating that you can't tell how much they are taking when on the boob!

Thats not a lot - they always say what they chuck up always looks way more than it is?

Is your aim to just fully breast feed if you can? If so I'd just trust that he had enough from your boob and not offer him anything else - of course if he seems hungry soon after he may need a top up. Boobs are pretty good at producing what they need

Did you feed from just one boob? If you were worried about what hed drunk you could always offer the other one as well xx

Babies will generally throw up excess so don't worry too much if it was a little bit.

Well done hun, so pleased for you xx

I would like to exclusively breastfeedI offered both boobs he wouldn't take 2nd boob.

Feel like I don't have a clue what I'm doing! I've spent all this time learning how to express that I feel I've missed out on actual breastfeeding training

Just tried him again and he Stayed on for 40 mins, took from both boobs sand didn't throw up.. Then came off on his own and wouldnt take anymore.

He was offered the bottle after and took
It???

Tapatalk madness!

I wouldn't offer the bottle as well hun if he seemed contented after feeding from you. He mightve cried for food again 30 mins or so later, but that's ok cos you would produced more and he'll encourage your supply to increase that way x

Princess's advice sounds good hun, you are doing amazingly with all you've had to deal with. A real inspiration! xxx

I wouldn't offer the bottle as well hun if he seemed contented after feeding from you. He mightve cried for food again 30 mins or so later, but that's ok cos you would produced more and he'll encourage your supply to increase that way x

He only took about 50ml from the bottle, and I got less than normal when expressing.

I'm just scared he will be hungry! Its essential that he puts on weight and gets stronger to get off the oxygen ... feel like I'm stuck in a viscous circle!

I'll just try him on the boob for the rest of the day then, and if he feeds more often, then thats what we will have to do for now.

I suppose I'm starting from scratch really ... and we are both learning a new skill.

Yep I'd just keep letting him feed from you regularly, it is hard to get the hang of it but I have no doubt you'll get there x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back