So bl**dy rude!

I bought loads of sweets and no kids! :shock: had loads last year - maybe i have scared them this year!

beanie said:
I can't wait till next year as Seren will be old enough to go trick or treating - I loved it when I was a kid

Me too! We were going to take Dan out this year but he's got a cold and had croup last week so didn't want to risk it. We dressed him up though and he gave sweets to all the kids!

Its great in the village we live in, all the little kids put in a real effort and come round with their parents. We've had loads round. Although some bugger nicked our pumpkin from the garden!

I went over the top i think. I put homemade tablet, biscuits jess made, a crispie cake, a satsuma, monkey nuts and some mixed sweets in and wrapped the bags in orange and black net.
I made 20 bags and they are all gone. The kids enjoyed seeing the other kids dressed up.
We had 4 pumpkins in the window to attract people in. And fake webs on the gate.
I took Jessica and Joe to a few doors.

lauramumof2 said:
I went over the top i think. I put homemade tablet, biscuits jess made, a crispie cake, a satsuma, monkey nuts and some mixed sweets in and wrapped the bags in orange and black net.
I made 20 bags and they are all gone. The kids enjoyed seeing the other kids dressed up.
We had 4 pumpkins in the window to attract people in. And fake webs on the gate.

wow that sounds fab!

lauramumof2 said:

wish we lived near you

I padlocked the gates! Last year it was just 15-16 year old lads in scream masks so they can bugger off this year!

Last year we lived in town and didn't get any knocks.. this year we are in a nice safe (you know what I mean), friendly estate in the nice end of the area, and no kids :(

I only got 6 bags of Asda sweets anyhow, and I picked my favourites just in case... :shhh: but still a bit gutted. Did post a couple of bags through next door tho for their boys with a little label on saying happy halloween from Ryan. x

leckershell said:
Last year we lived in town and didn't get any knocks.. this year we are in a nice safe (you know what I mean), friendly estate in the nice end of the area, and no kids :(

I only got 6 bags of Asda sweets anyhow, and I picked my favourites just in case... :shhh: but still a bit gutted. Did post a couple of bags through next door tho for their boys with a little label on saying happy halloween from Ryan. x

Aw thats sweet of you :hug:

scones said:
Ok ok now Im fuming :x

My lad and I carved a pumpkin and put it on the front lawn and i just went out there to see if it was still lit and some f****** had nicked it :evil: Im so peed off i have locked the door, refuse to answer the door again.Thats it, Im not giving sweets out ever again

Im sad for my boy, we had fun doing that earlier and we like to watch it rot down over the coming days in the back garden :(

those *******s!! :oops:

Seriously some people will nick anything,. We got a new glass recycling tub thingy from the council ...we put it out to be collected and it was never seen again. What sort of weirdo nicks a glass recycling tub?!?

Anyways, no one came to our house either :( Bit dissapointed as we live on a quiet estate with lost of kids that go to beths school so i was hoping for a bit of halloween action! Now i feel sick from sweet s and im up too late and im drinking too much wine... :cry:

Well i didnt get one knock last year, but i went out to a party to get drunk and my sister said no one knocked, Hayden was dressed up as a pumpkin outfit that she bought him when she came to babysit he looked so cute i will post photos tomorrow!
Just got home coz my sister was so mean she rang me and said could her boyfriend pick me up from the party now as he has work in the morning, i asked if she could just stay at my house and i get a cab home as had just started having a good time but NOOO "she has things to do tomorrow!" why offer to babysit?

That's the good thing about living miles from anywhere. If any brave brave person actually bothered to come out this far,they deserve to freaking LIVE with us,never mind get a few sweets :lol:

sazzylou said:
Seriously some people will nick anything,. We got a new glass recycling tub thingy from the council ...we put it out to be collected and it was never seen again. What sort of weirdo nicks a glass recycling tub?!?

Your lazy arsed neighbour who can't be arsed to speak to the council themselves for an extra one!

Can you tell it's happened to me too :oops:

we brought a big tub of sweets from tesco's for £10 the other week although me and the kids have eaten half of the tub there is loads left, it's so sweet the kids were taking 1 sweet at a time so i kept saying you can have more it's ok and they were so lovley and said thank you (most were under 10) i was really impressed then after 8ish we turned off the lights in the kitchen put my 2 to bed and went and chilled in the living room (you can't see the lights from the front of the house in the living room)

When I had made up all the bags yesterday I had a big tub of sweets left over, like swizzels and parma violets and stuff so just as the schools came out I hung the tub on my gate and put a wee sign on the tub saying to take some sweets. 10 mins later they were gone. I did hear one wee guy shouting thanks for the sweets though.

Found my lads pumpkin smashed up down the path :(

Snuggle said:
Yeah I've just put a few things into wee bags to give so each child gets about 4 or 5 things, not much but I thought it was enough :?

Hun that was plenty and actually you went to the extra effort of putting them in bags so ignore the ungrateful little gits.

I had bought a bag of halloween lollies and jelly 'body parts' so put 1 lolly/body part in a paper bag with about 3 halloween wine gum things. I ended up working and OH went out to a friends so I took them to work and gave them to kids in fancy dress at work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back