so, been to the doctors..

mrsbedders

Reaction score
... and they are referring me over to the community midwife. Does anyone know how long it will be before I hear from them? Do they book your first scan early on for 12 weeks or do i see a midwife before a scan is booked?

I feel like such a pleb, i have no idea what to expect next, and i've never been the most patient person lol :oooo: x

When i had my doctors appointment to inform them i was pregnant (6 weeks at the time) he told me to book an appointment at the reception on my way out to see a midwife... i saw her at 8 weeks pregnant. Roughly a week later after seeing her i got my scan letter through the post for dating scan at roughly 12 weeks. To be honest at was all very quick for me... i have seen some woman on here not get anything for their 12 week scan yet and they are already 12 weeks!

It all depends where you are i think as different areas seem to work differently. xx

I can't remember how quickly it happened with my first (only 2 years ago, oops!), but I went to the drs last night too, but she didn't really know what was going on. Not sure whether I need to contact a midwife or they contact.

I do think it depends on where you live, and also what facilities your drs have. Not all surgeries have midwives.

Im going to see the nurse on Monday, the earliest doctors appointment I was offered was 2 weeks away. Apparently the nurse will make an appointment for me with the midwife so the receptionist tells me, and they will send me for a scan, I think it does depend on where you live and how good the service is in your area though. x

Last edited:
I saw my GP who got me to phone the midwife team in the area I want to give birth in (complicated, they don't actually cover my area as such). I had to go and see them...this would have been around 8 weeks if I wasn't diabetic, but earlier as I needed referrals., then they came out to me to finish filling in and collect a rather long form. In my case I've had a load of appointments including an early scan (this is not normal)

Anyway, I think the norm is you see the midwife at about 8 weeks, they refer you for a scan for at between 12-13, at which time you visit ante-natal for some tests. Then another scan at about 20 weeks.

I had my midwife appointment on June the first and im just waiting for them to say when il be booked in for my first scan can't wait :)

I saw my gp who told me to make an appointment with the mw and she saw me at 8 weeks. A few days later I got a letter with my scan date and then that will be next week when I should be about 12w 3d.

Thats great, thank you so much, i feel like i'm constantly asking questions but i just havent got a clue what i'm doing at the moment! x

Depends on department. Some as early as 6 weeks but here it's 8 to 10 weeks.

I've got booking in appointment on Monday and should be getting date for my scan then since I've all ready seen the MW due to my medical background.

The wait is nerve wracking but exciting at the same time :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back