So annoying!

Kirsty.Y.84

Reaction score
Argh, just wanted to moan really!

I have grown out of my maternity trousers AND maternity jeans (both pairs) and it's so annoying because there's no point buying any now since I only have 6 weeks left. I think I'm more annoyed as I thought it would be warm enough by now not to need jeans, but it's bloody freezing and I am living in leggings and long tops! I want to wear my maxi dresses and shorts :(

I'VE GOT NOTHING TO WEAR!!!! :wall2:

I feel your pain. I am literally living in the same few outfits rotated, it's depressing. I spent nearly £100 on a pair of maternity jeans back in November, that are 4" too long, but it's now to the point it's not worth shortening to wear coz I could ebay them and get more money back than if I alter. And I am soooo not buying anything else to wear with this little time left either.

I cannot wait to have my body back, know it won't just pop back into shape, but at least I won't need maternity wear anymore.

Threw all my last lot away, that I wore when preggo with my son, will do the same again I think. It felt soooo good lol

xxxx

Yep, got this problem too! Jeans no longer fit! 6 weeks to go and am not buying anything else but have got leggings and a cheap pair of grey track bottoms in rotation. I feel so large now it's depressing. Just want my old body back!

I feel the same. Its tops I have an issue with, I bought spring type tops and now its so cold I've got no warm things that fit me! Its hoodies and tbh, I don't feel myself in them! Come on sunshine so we can all look lovely :) x

yep feel your pain also, i grew out of my maternity stuff around 36 weeks aswell! My maternity tops don't even fit my bump, ive got to constantly pull my top over my bump so it doesnt show at the bottom lol.. id love to wear some of my summer stuff, why is there no sunshine!!!! x

You would think that since the clothes we have bought are designed for pregnant women that they would last until 40 weeks and not be too small at 34! It's ridiculous, and so expensive!
I didn't buy a maternity coat as I thought I wouldn't be wearing a coat after march and would fit in my old one, but have had to dig the winter coat out over last few weeks and it doesn't do up (by about 6 inches!) so today I had to buy a hoodie just so I have something warm that zips up! I look like a whale in it though....

I know how u feel 5 weeks to go and I thought I'd be wearing my lovely maternity vest tops and linen trousers... Nope its too cold.
I may have to invest in a pair of joggers but I also have the problem of not being able to wear my shoes comfortably either as feet have ballooned.
Makes me feel sooo crappy and miserable its unreal x

I have the coat problem too! Didnt think i'd need to buy a maternity one as i'd be getting big in spring/summer. How wrong! I walk the dog every night and it's so cold that I wear the only coat that still does up, but when I lean over to pick up after dog the coat zip bursts. Every night! My OH has to mend it every time i get home and is getting p'd off with me. But it's too cold not to do it up!! Bring on summer.

My "uniform" is a maternity denim skirt with leggings and a variety of very boring plain vest tops...I can't fit into anything else. I am so bored of myself right now! x

I wish I had bought a maternity skirt! At least then you can make it look a bit nicer! There's only so much you can do to dress up leggings! x

I know what you mean, when we had that hot spell I cut most of my trousers and jeans into crops and cut offs it's been cold ever since ahhhh. I have 1 pair of work trousers and 1 pair of jeans and leggings now :0( Pls let the sun start shining so I have things to wear. X

I usually shop online at Mamaway, their clothes are so affordable you can buy all colors. I still use them since I gained weight during pregnancy, and their clothes don't look like pregnancy wear. Really cool.

I've grown out of my maternity clothes too :) lol
but were at that stage now lol probs shouldnt care. i love having a big bump but hate how the same people keep saying everyday wow your huge is huge..................Yeah thats happens when your pregnant dufus lol

Well I think as mums, the next time we get pregnant, we invest on clothes that we can wear even when we are not pregnant and still look good. There only few stores that can offer this, like what I said on my earlier post, Mamaway is one (they are online). Still trying to look for others like Mamaway though.

I know how you feel, i've grown out of trousers and tops. My jeans are atill a bit loose round the legs but the stretchy belly panel doesn't go round any more and they keep falling down. I've tried wearing a belt but it seems to put pressure on my bladder which is never going to end well!!

When we had that warm spell a few weeks ago I bought a couple of cheap maxi dresses from Matalan which I thought I can wear after he's born too, but it's still too cold to wear them!

I've found that the only place i've put on weight is round my legs, so boots are really uncomfortable round my calves now. I'm getting sick of having freezing cold and wet feet from wearing ballet pumps!!

Please let summer start soon! Mind you, i'll probably be moaning then about how hot and puffy I am!! :)

I nearly had a breakdown this morning trying to find something to wear. For me, it's not so much that I don't fit my maternity wear any more, it's more that I didn't buy enough and now with six weeks left it doesn't seem worth getting any more. I'm just so BORED with my three pairs of leggings and one pair of jeans on rotation. I have a couple of dresses, but it seems a bit weird putting them on just to work from home... Can't wait to get back into normal clothes, although I'm terrified I won't fit some of them ever again.

I made my own jersey maxi dress using a tutorial online, but haven't worn it yet. Firstly it makes me feel enormous and secondly it's been raining constantly. Please can the weather get warm now?

Well I think as mums, the next time we get pregnant, we invest on clothes that we can wear even when we are not pregnant and still look good. There only few stores that can offer this, like what I said on my earlier post, Mamaway is one (they are online). Still trying to look for others like Mamaway though.

Are you working on commission?!

I'd buy some as you'll prob still wear them post delivery, esp if you end up having a c section as the bump is still there, albeit a soft bump x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back