So annoyed about RMC!

lisey

Reaction score
I am so angry. I got my letter from recurrent miscarriage clinic, there are loads of forms to fill in and an information leaflet-it specifies possible reasons for miscarriages and the tests they offer. Apparently chromosome testing is very expensive so they don't do this unless there is a reason, such as family history!! Has anyone experienced this? That was the test I wanted done most as its the one I am most worried about. A lot of the others tests are irrelevant as I have had a full term pregnancy (from previous relationship) so it just makes me wonder what the point is. I can wait for 6 months in total to try again to be told I don't have the issues that I already know I don't have!! Grrrrrr! x

I dint know lisey I thought that test was done for everyone who had had 3 + mcs ? I know when those on here who had the testing I'm sure they all had that done but I could be wrong , big hugs hope when it comes to it ya get all the testing ya need x

Thanks Jojo. I phoned and asked. They don't do blood tests for it, if you have a miscarriage, they send the 'pregnancy products' - as he called it, to be tested. Karyotyping I think he called it. x

Whereabouts are you hun? I'm not sure what other tests there are but we had the chromosome tests. They didn't mention that karyotyping at all, maybe they do one or the other? Xxx

That's rubbish your not getting tested for the thing you want the most! Is there another hospital you could refer to or maybe see if your gp can refer you? My consultant referred me on to the genetics clinic to get our chromosomes tested, it's to check my other halfs and myselfs chromosome 21 (I think) to see If we have a deletion in it! We got our bloods taken last week and the results will take 2 months. There was no mention of it being too expensive, I am in barrhead, glasgow so my hospital is the RAH but had to go to the southern general for the testing if this helps. Sorry if your on about some different testing xxx

We are based at St Marys in London. I thought it was standard to be tested for that. I am hoping I have read it wrong and that the man on the phone got it wrong.

Miss soldier-you're thinking of the same thing as me but I just wanted the general testing, my losses have been very early so there hasn't been any suggestion of an issue being there but I wanted it ruled out as I have read so many times that this is offered to couples. If they don't do it I am going to be tempted to pay privately for it, just for peace of mind x

Karyotyping is chromosome testing. DH and me had ours taken at the EPU after our loss and got the results about 10 days later. I hope you can sort something out to get them done xx

Karyotyping is chromosome testing. DH and me had ours taken at the EPU after our loss and got the results about 10 days later. I hope you can sort something out to get them done xx

Thanks, I hope so too. This is all driving me crazy :( x

I'm shocked they don't offer this as standard???? I have a chromosome issue (balanced translocation) which is a cause of recurrent miscarriage. There was no way of telling that I had it as the only issue it causes is miscarriage! I would def push for it, it's the biggest chromosomal cause for recurrent miscarriage.

That's what I thought diane, I am going to push for it when we go cos its not really fair just to wait for me to have another miscarriage so that they can test then! It seems that everyone else got tested for this so I am hoping it will be done for us x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back