Smoking and Drinking

Hi hon,

I smoked between 5 and 10 a day whilst TTC because I just struggled so much to quit, I also drank every weekend sometimes on both nights.

I quite smoking the day I got my BFP (4 weeks) and it was the hardest thing I ever did. Before getting pregnant I always thought quitting when I got pregnant would be easy and now have massive respect for those who do quit and feel for those that just can't. I would never look down on a pregnant woman who smokes now as long as she had tried her hardest to cut back/quit.

Re drinking, I had a few odd glasses of wine in the 1st tri and in 2nd tri I have had a glass or 2 a week, always with soda 50/50 so not too strong.

I miscarried a twin at 8 weeks. I saw it on a scan at 7 weeks with it's heart beating strongly so I wouldn't connect the miscarriage with either quitting smoking or having the odd glass of wine. I think I was just unlucky.

Whether you quit cold turkey or cut down make the most of any support you can get. Lots of luck to you :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I smoke and drank until I got my bfp. In fact I think I smoked for about a week later. My pregnancy was completley unplanned and was a huge shock due to circumstance at the time. But I stopped completley then and only drank 1 glass of wine very rarely on about 5 occasions during the 9 months. Rudy was born 3 days past his due date, weighing 9lb 8oz and perfectly healthy.

It is bloody hard giving up smoking but as you said, giving up for a baby is a lot easier than just giving up. Like Ejjie said, I wouldn't connect the mc with the smoking and drinking. It happens to lots of women, some who smoke and drink, some who don't it is just something very sad that happens.

:hug:

i dont smoke and dont really drink either, but when i was pregnant with my daughter i was on amphetamines and cocaine. i quit cold turkey when i got my BFP :angel: altho i was already 6 weeks pregnant :oops: not planned though

the second time i was on prozac, valium, codeine and zydol- again i quit cold turkey when i got my BFP at 4 weeks 4 days, unfortunately i miscarried at 5 weeks :(

the third time i wasnt taking anything since before i even ovulated, i'm nearly 9 weeks now and no probs so far :pray:

i didn't drink at all when i got my BFP, before hand though, whoops! it was my 18th a week before i got it, poor little drunk zach!

I smoked and drank right up to finding out I was pregnant at 6 weeks. It was the drinking that prompted me to do a pregnancy test as I still felt rough on Friday after a Rioja session with the girls over dinner on Wednesday. My pregnancy is a happy accident but I certainly would have given up if we were TTC. Not touched a menthol since and did not touch another drop of alcohol until after my 20 wk scan but even then its the odd bottle of beer (1-2 a month) as OH doesnt drink wine and I aint wasting a bottle!! I actually prefer Cobra 0% over the normal one!! One healthy baby due 8 weeks today!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back