• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

small babies?

claireyfairey

Reaction score
Anyone else here have a small baby? Isla is coming up for 5 months and was only 13lbs 3oz last Friday. She is on the 9th centile line and I am currently struggling to get her to take 5oz at her feeds (she had a growth spurt recently and was draining 8oz bottles but now is refusing her milk). The HV has told me she is absolutely fine and she will feed when she wants to and take what she wants but I can't help fretting that she's too small and that she's only going to get smaller if she doesn't start taking her milk...

Am I worrying unnecessarily? I just keep hearing about all these hungry babies and babies gaining lots of weight and my Isla is so tiny :?

C xxx

:hug: Evie is 10 months in a few days and still just under 17lbs; she's still in 6-9 month clothes and they aren't even getting small! :lol:

Evie goes through stages where she'll eat loads and then go off her food and milk- as long as she is gaining weight and following the same centile line in the red book (it's usual to go a bit over and under) I'm sure there's nothing to worry about.

Evie was born betweenn the 25th centile and 9th centile, dropped down to the 9th and followed that for a couple of month then dropped down to the 2nd centile when she started crawling/cruising. She's now edging back up to the 9th.

Dont worry about it as long as she is happy and healthy she will be fine.
My Calleigh was at one point one of those great weight gainers and sat on the 75th centile but she has recently lost weight which has now been put down to illness and she sits on around the 5th centile and last week only weighed 17lb 3oz :? .
However she is gaining it again slowly, but she is happy and content and the docs are ok as long as there is some weight gain :)

claireyfairey said:
Anyone else here have a small baby? Isla is coming up for 5 months and was only 13lbs 3oz last Friday. She is on the 9th centile line and I am currently struggling to get her to take 5oz at her feeds (she had a growth spurt recently and was draining 8oz bottles but now is refusing her milk). The HV has told me she is absolutely fine and she will feed when she wants to and take what she wants but I can't help fretting that she's too small and that she's only going to get smaller if she doesn't start taking her milk...

Am I worrying unnecessarily? I just keep hearing about all these hungry babies and babies gaining lots of weight and my Isla is so tiny :?

C xxx

Are you and your husband small? Has she recently lost lots of weight? These are the sorts of questions you need to be asking. I would say if she hasn't LOST a lot of weight and she's always been small then there's nothing to worry about - that's just the way she is.

Connie was born 75th percentile, then was 50th percentile from 7 days old right through til she got reflux, now she's 25th percentile. The HV isn't worried about her and neither am I. She has a podgy enough tum!

claireyfairey said:

C xxx

Are you and your husband small? Has she recently lost lots of weight? These are the sorts of questions you need to be asking. I would say if she hasn't LOST a lot of weight and she's always been small then there's nothing to worry about - that's just the way she is.

Connie was born 75th percentile, then was 50th percentile from 7 days old right through til she got reflux, now she's 25th percentile. The HV isn't worried about her and neither am I. She has a podgy enough tum!

claireyfairey said:

C xxx

Sorry, I appear to have verbal diarrheoa. Hope Isla is OK anyway xxxx

Yeh, Molly is just on the 9th Centile and is a short arse, under the 2nd Centile for height.

I love her being diddy, I think she's so cute. She still fits into clothes which are up to 1 month and loads of her 0-3 stuff is too big :lol:

My husband and me are both only 5ft 3 ish so I knew she was never going to be a giant.

Lu's on the 9th too, she's always the lightest at baby group. Makes it easier on me with the car seat ;)

i wouldnt worry about it hun jayde is nearly 23 months and is only 21lbs bless her some of her 9-12 month clothes still fit her

My Isla is a short arse too, dont worry hun!
Plus she has dropped her amount..going from 6 oz bottles to 4 to 4 1/2 oz.
She seems happy enough, Im gonna get her weighed at 12 weeks and see what the score is, but Im little so think she just takes after me! :hug:

My DD was 14lbs at 6 months so very similar. She went from 50th to 75th to 50th to 25th to 9th and followed that for a while and is now back on 50th.

I really wouldn't worry, if she's happy and healthy then please don't worry.

Valentine Xxx

luke was tiny hun and still is, born he was 4lb 4oz and he has always remained on the 9th centile - 25th centile, as long as she is following her line of growth and putting on and not losing or dropping off her centile majorly all is well and she just will be a smaller baby and treasure it its a god send for clothes etc they have much better use out of clothes and shoes i'm sure i have saved a fortune as luke gets so much wear out of his clothes, now at 2 years old he is in 12-18 months clothes and will be for ages.

good things cme in small packages :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back