sma gold?

enn

Reaction score
ok i make what it says on the tin but she cant handle that much or 30z cause she pukse it up. my dad said to try her on 60ml and 2 scoops. gonna ring health visitor tomorrow and see what she says.

I would speak to your HV before making the formula up different to the instructions.

ahh already made it up :doh:

she can always have more but will monitor how much she has, so she dont have too much.

midwife said 3oz was enough for her. formula makes slightly more. she seems to puke up some on 3oz also. i will ask hv tomorrow and if she wants more will monitor how much i give her so she dont have too much as its changed.

he done it with his newphew and he was fine.

Just wondering could she possibly have reflux which would make her sick. Perhaps this is something you could ask your health visitor.

yeh I would check about reflux... Arianna had it and I had to make up bottles with slightly less formula in it but add gaviscon powders

she gets irritable and red faced screams loudly and crys. think its like colic but i dont think she has colic cause i have a leaflet and she dont get all the symptoms. it is at night time this happens. around 7pm onwards. normally sleeps at midnight but shes not tonight. she has her head down now but probably wont be long till she wakes again.

possible colic then except for the crying 3hrs a day and drawing her legs up to chest. well she does that during day but thats wind right?
i didnt notice if she was clentching or not.

gonna see if i can get her in docs tom. just gotta get through tonight. lack of sleep already for me and dont need another unsettled night.

gonna try get my head down cause im exhausted.

night night

Do you think it could be the milk? Both my girls were really sick on SMA, I changed Aimee when she was a few months old and after been sick after every single bottle she stopped straight away.

Go see your HV or GP and discuss the whole situation with them, and get them to take a look at her :hug: Isaac had troubling poo'ing with SMA, but ALL babies are different and it might be just fine for your LO, but the pulling legs up suggests possible stomach ache, which could be wind or constipation or something else.

You should feed her what she asks for, when she asks for it, and never mind how much/little, you know her and you know if she's happy with what she's having. But I think maybe following the formula guidelines is best until seeking advice from HV or GP :hug:

She could be 'grumpy' because she's tired, uncomfortable, too hot/cold, so many reasons, just slowly go through what it could be; food, wind, nappy, cuddles, playtime, tired, and repeat if necessary.

I don't know much other than what I've experienced with Isaac so all above is just that and you should see your GP/HV for proper advice, but I just know what it's like when you are tired, and I hope all these replies are reassuring you, and that she calms down a little so you can get some rest, can you pass her to someone so you can get a few quality hours sleep?

Very best wishes :hug: :hug: :hug:

yea we live with her nan and grandad. her nan cant do much cause of disabled with spina bifida.

yea got health visitor on weds. might change her back to what it says on the tin or cartons.

will see if we can put her on something else as sma i dont think is right for her.

maybe aptimal or something.

i bought some colic stuff just incase its needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back