slightly confused

roxane 1985

Reaction score
not concerned or anything its purely curiosity but wondered if anyone else had this as i never noticed with my first.

at my hospital scans i was first given a due date of 19th oct, then it went to 16th oct

had a 4d scan the other day and we asked how big our boy was, although sonographer said he was a reallygood size i noticed when she did all the measurements at the bottom of the screen the due date changed completely and went down to 8th oct when she measured head and then finally back up a bit to 12 oct .

i was also wondering those of you who have had scans near or around the gesaional age roughly how big was your baby, tring towork our if ive a chunky monkey on the way lol

i wouldnt worry to much about the dates lol i was given between the 17th aug and the 28th aug for my dd! she arrived on 27th and weighed 7lb. i was told my son would be about 8lb and he was 9lb and agin my dates were all over the place. Aim for somewhere in the middle

i was getting all excited think oooo maybe i'll have my lo sooner as with first they kept extending it by a week lol

plus everyone is rooting for a 10lb baby even my GM at work as they think its funny me being so small lol

My mw told me both times.. 'oh my!! this is a big baby!' and 'its going to be very long too!!' and my girls were 7.5 and 7.6..
i wouldnt worry too much baby will keep having growth spurts and times when it wont grow much at all..

I find the dates really confusing too, I think the best thing to do is just think from around those 2/3 weeks it could be anytime. I think there is a very low % of women that actually deliver on the date they're given.

:)

I find the dates really confusing too, I think the best thing to do is just think from around those 2/3 weeks it could be anytime. I think there is a very low % of women that actually deliver on the date they're given.

im glad to say my daughter was born on my exact due date, and me and my midwife had a huess at 37 weeks how big we thought she would be, my midwife got it spot on to the oz lol, wont see that in my lifetime again i dont think lol

wow

thats great about the due date!!

And a nice wee story to tell ur daughter.

wow

thats great about the due date!!

And a nice wee story to tell ur daughter.

yh i may try it again and see how close we get to his weight and birth date, no way will it be spot on with both again but will b einteresting to see how far outit is

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back