slightly concerned or normal????

Huddsgirl

Reaction score
Well i dont know if its worth a trip to the docs yet but i had my baby exactly 8 weeks ago and im still bleeding.
I was obviously bleeding quite alot after the birth and it was quite a concern for the midwifes too at the time but then thet decided they were happy. Anyway since then i have been bleeding on and off. I reakon it was about 4 weeks when the bleeding calmed down but then it would come in the morning and finish at night , start one day and finish the next.......but basically everyday and me and OH have only had sex 3 times in 8 weeks because of this.
At 6 weeks i went on the mini pill and i am still bleeding and it is quite heavy and its driving me mad.
Does this sound like something i should be concerned about or quite normal???

I would imagine it's quite normal... I bled for exactly 3 months every single day after having Leah but after that stopped my periods came back as a perfect 28 day cycle x

I bled for around 7 weeks so not much less than yourself.

Also the mini pill can make you bleed, I've never taken in but a friend of mine did recently and she bled for the 3 months she was on that.

x

i was the same as you when i phoned NHS they told me to go to hospital incase I an infection or retained membranes. They gave me two sets of anitbiotics and a tablet to stop the bleeding, so personally I would suggest a trip to the docs to set your mind at ease

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back