sleeping

youngmumtobe20

Reaction score
just a couple of questions....

i find it really hard to get to sleep in any other position than on my tummy, is this bad for bubs tho? its getting uncomfortable to do anyway so wont be able to do it much longer anyway.

also, is there anything i can do to support my shoulders/arms? when i wake up after being asleep on my side all night my shoulders are sore. thinking about getting one of those triangular pillows wud tht help maybe? (not a wedge one of those upside down V shape pillows)

Hello,

I got myself a maternity pillow, its really long (the whole length of my body and a bit more) and its soft but spongy. Its worked a treat for me, i cant sleep without it now. I had awful problems trying to get comfortable to get some sleep but since i got my pillow ive been in heaven! :sleep: Its flexiable so you can wrap it between your legs and under your tummy and across your shoulder :lol:

I got mine from Argos for about £14 but when i got to checkout they said it had been reduced even more & I think they said it was about £7.99 or something like that. well worth the money!

Hope this helps & you get a good night sleep soon :hug:

Tiggy xx

I love sleeping on my stomach. It's the most comfy position for me BUT, I did read that as your pregnancy progresses that you shouldn't sleep on your stomach (or back for that matter) and the best position for you to lay is on your left hand side. It's something to do with maximising the blood flow and nutrients to the baby.

I have the Argos body pillow (http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/p ... 760952.htm) but to be honest, I didn't find it that great. This one from Kiddicare is fab: http://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/sto ... 543_10001_

Just found this in fact:

Although there's no real harm in sleeping on your right side, lying on your left side is actually good for you and your baby: It improves the flow of blood and nutrients to the placenta and it helps your kidneys efficiently eliminate waste products and fluids from your body. That, in turn, reduces swelling in your ankles, feet, and hands. If you train yourself to sleep on your left side early on, you'll have an easier time falling asleep when your belly is bulging later.

During the second half of pregnancy, avoid sleeping on your back, a position that puts the full weight of your uterus on your spine, back muscles, intestines, and the inferior vena cava (the vein that transports blood from your lower body to the heart). Back-sleeping can also put you at risk for backaches and hemorrhoids, inefficient digestion, and impaired breathing and circulation. Lying on your back in the second and third trimester can also cause changes in blood pressure. For some women, it can cause a drop in blood pressure that can make them feel dizzy; for others, it can cause an unwanted increase in blood pressure.

:)

i cant sleep at all now and im only half way there!
its a nightmare, literally!

i think i'll have to get one of those full body pillows, sounds good to me! and the one from kiddiecare looks well comfy but im gona have to wait til the end of the month, got to much to spend out on this month unfortunately :(

i got a pregnancy pillow from mananbebe was about £30 but its done its time with me and been very useful :)

will be keeping it for next baby :)

DebbieM said:
Just found this in fact:

Although there's no real harm in sleeping on your right side, lying on your left side is actually good for you and your baby
Thats really weird, ive started automaticly sleeping on my left hand side :)

Laxative can use but during pregnancy you need physician advice . . . !!

I miss sleeping on my tummy! I sleep ony right side it seems to be the only way i can get comfortable. Might get one of them cushions, they look good.

I'm struggling to sleep too.

Last time I bought a v pillow, i think I need to invest again!

I'm another one who's only really comfortable on my tummy. I asked the MW about it last week, and she said that it's totally safe at the moment, and that the only thing that would stop me doing it would be when I get to the point that I'm constricting blood flow round my body (as bubs would press on the main arteries), in which case the worst that would happen is that I'd get a bit dizzy.

So, I'll be tummy sleeping away until it gets uncomfortable, or makes me dizzy! :)

i knew there was something about sleeping on your back! unfortunately this is the way I wake up each morning! I miss sleeping on my tummy, or at all for that matter!

I bought a v pillow after not being able to sleep comfortably.. It's amazing!
Would definitely recommend them - I bought mine new from ebay, think it was about £30 xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back