Sleeping

songbird

Reaction score
Hi i was just wondering what positions you girls sleep in and are there any rules.

Im finding it so hard to get comfy at night if i lie on my right side my left hip hurts and vice versa if i lie on my other hip. Lie on my back and i get bad back pain i just cant seem to win. I just want to be able to go to bed and just go sleep and not be tossing and turning all night.

Aww hun, I'm feeling the same just now. Waking up every hour or two.. I used to sleep on my tummy but that's impossible now lol!

Sounds like you have tried lying all ways. How about popping a soft pillow under your hip? Would that maybe help?

I've been sleeping on my right side x

thanks hun i will give the pillow idea a try tonight.
i know what you mean about lying on your tummy that is totally impossible now

Hopefully you will sleep better tonight :) it's horrible tossing and turning all night!

x

i sleep on my right side with a pillow under my hip giving it support :)
i then have my legs curled up but my bump is small enough to do this, i doubt it will be small enough soon! xx

The guidelines say you should sleep on your left hand side, as sleeping on your right hand side causes the baby to put pressure on certain internal organs. I know we all try to follow guidelines, but to be honest I just lay in any position that is comfortable!! I also have bought a Dream Genii pillow which helps me to get comfy & sleep better.

Sunnyb xxx

Thanks Sunnyb
I thought there were some guidelines out there somewhere i just couldn't remember them. I think i will look into getting a dream genie pillow as it might help definitely need something so i can get some decent sleep :nap:

The guidelines say you should sleep on your left hand side, as sleeping on your right hand side causes the baby to put pressure on certain internal organs. I know we all try to follow guidelines, but to be honest I just lay in any position that is comfortable!! I also have bought a Dream Genii pillow which helps me to get comfy & sleep better.

Sunnyb xxx

ditto!!!

It's recommended you don't sleep on your back too because of things getting squashed (I forget what exactly)

I'm the same, toss and turn all night! I find a pillow under my bump helps when I'm lying on my side, lying on my back is horrid!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back