I'm missing....

deedee84

Reaction score
...sleeping on my belly :oooo: i can drop to sleep quite easily on my left or right side, but after sleeping that way for a good few hours, my hips ache and i cannot for the life of me get comfy, constantly tossing and turning for the rest of the night :wall2: only another 19 more weeks to go hehe!!

Anyone else struggling with not being able to lie on their tummy?

xx

Yes im struggling, i wake myself up once ive rolled onto my belly! My friend gave me a breastfeeding pillow the other day and said use it to sleep as realli supports bump and i have had 2 nights of fairly good sleep. Highly recommend it hun x

Oooh that could be a good idea, i'm thinking it probably is the ever growing bump putting more of a strain on other body parts when i'm laid down, i got the same ache when pregnant with my DD! Gonna nick DD's buzzy bee pillow tonight and see if that makes any difference :) thanks for the advice xx

i REALLY miss this too! :sad: dont think i have had a proper sleep since i found out i was expecting! i was lying on my right side every night as this was the 2nd best thing to my stomach & now have a really sore right hip!

only thing that helps is cuddling into a pillow!

hope you get a better sleep soon! :nap:xx

I hate not being able to sleep on my belly, started getting really uncomfortable when I accidentally roll over. My sister gave me a massive pregnancy pillow so I might have to try that out tonight xx

Last edited:
Wonder why the hips take all the flack from big preggo bellies hehe!!, think i'm deffo trying a pillow under my bump tonight, turning into a real grouch during the day with the lack of sleep, i wont mind so much when my little princess arrives as i'll have a gorgeous little face beaming back at me but for now, all i get is OH snoring away in dream land enjoying his comfortable nights kip, the t**t pmsl!!

xx

i miss it too, i can only get comfy on my left now and have alot of broken sleep, needless to say im getting a sore left hip.

its funny how being pregnant can make you feel like an old aged pensioner :rofl: x

I miss it too :(. I snore on my back and my hips hurt on my side! It'll all be worth it in the end though :D

it will indeed be worth it in the end :) little monkeys they are causing havoc before they are even born :) xx

I don't always notice the sore hips, but after just having a nap in bed my hips woke me up where they were hurting! :( u jinxed me deedee lol :) xx

Oh no Kanga lol...your hips must of felt jealous not been in the pensioners club hehe!! hopefully it was just a one off :) xx

I miss sleeping on my tum too, I try n twist to lay as far on it as I can. Always been a tummy sleeper.

hehe maria that is exactly what i do although i still feel like i'm squashing LO a bit :eh: i try do that on my left side as i think she is more central/right of my tummy! x

hehe maria that is exactly what i do although i still feel like i'm squashing LO a bit :eh: i try do that on my left side as i think she is more central/right of my tummy! x

I do worry that she's gonna get a bit squished, but I can't help it I need the comfort lol

I miss sleeping on tummy on so much. I usually end up most comfy sort of half tummy, half side with a wedge either between my legs or under top leg which would then be in front of my body. Sounds really weird when I type it like that. I told DH I need to cut hole in mattress to allow room for my bump and me to have proper nights sleep. I dread to look in the mirror these days to see how black I am under eyes from broken sleep lol

haha, i bet some of us end up in some funny sleeping positions :D but i guess we have to go with what ever works for a comfy nights sleep, i'm deffo trying the pillow under my bump tonight, OH is away tonight so i can nick his pillows hehe!! x

I miss it too :( haha. i find that when i sleep on my sides they ache like mad. considering getting a pregnancy pillow x

i even get shoulder ache after a while :( think i need to invest in a memory foam mattress as well as a pregnancy pillow and a personal masseuse hehe!! (OH is rubbish at giving massages lol) x

I hardly have a bump but avoided sleeping on my tum initially because I was scared of squishing bubs - silly I know considering it was the size of a kidney bean but now I find it really really uncomfortable when I accidently go on my front. Soooo annoying because that is the BEST sleeping position! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back