• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sleeping temp?!

twinkle84

Reaction score
I was just wondering, I know ideal sleeping temp is 18 to 21 deg but our bedroom is usually 23 ish and might drop to 20 during the night, how many layers or what blankets is ok? At mo LO has a 1 tog sleeping bag and a fleece blanket! Never wakes up hot or cold so I'm assuming this is ok? Was just interested what temp your bedroom or nursery was and what blankets you use? Xx

Mine is anywhere between 22 and 25 degrees! Her room is south facing and I keep turning the radiators down but it still remains warm. She's in a sleeping bag cos she started to kick of blankets x

I thought I was the only one being naughty - I had the bedroom at 18 but it felt bloody freezing to me so I whacked it up and it's now about 23 degrees. Lizzie wears a vest, sleepsuit and is swaddled in a medium thickness blanket :)

Zacs room is about 20 degrees, I put him in a vest sleepsuit and a 1 tog sleeping bag and he is nice and warm. Wen it was colder he was in a 2.5 tog. I always thought he would be cold but babies seem to be warmer than us, and don't put extra blankets in case he overheats or wriggles beneath them, he is a right wriggly worm! X

Same as Zazu.
Always feel guilty snuggling under duvet but sheis happy and warm enough.

mines between 21-24 but H is a sweaty baby and he just kicks covers off so i've stopped covering him!!!

my house is like an igloo its so cold all the time, it never gets warmer than 18 degrees. so i just swaddle her in a thickish blanket, with a vest, sleepsuit underneath. if i feel cold i will put a thin cellular blanket over her just to give me peace of mind haha!! x

Haha thanks for all msgs enjoyed reading them, made me smile. Becky, 18 is faaaar too cold I agree! Countrybumpkin I feel guilty too snuggling under the covers and thinking 'how can he be warm enough??' but Zazu like you say 'babies always seem a lot warmer than us' So I think Aiden ok with what im doing from reading your comments xx

Jess's room is about 21-22 when she goes to bed, not lower than 19 in the night, and she has a 1tog bag and two sheets over the top. She seems comfortable at that temp, though her hands get very cold. Maybe just because she always sleeps with them above her head?

Flexi, my house is an igloo aswell lol!! Its an big old Victorian house with the old sash windows at the front, double glazing at the back. I can have my heating on for hours and hours and it just never gets any hotter then around 20 degrees max. So night time the temp starts around 18-20 in our bedroom but by morning its around 15 degrees so on goes the heating!! My heating bill was ridiculous this time round, i almost fainted lol!!! So benjamin has lots of blankets to keep him warm xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back