• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sleeping bags...

Steelgoddess

Reaction score
Hello hope this is in the right place!!

Just wondered if i dress bubs in a sleeping bag do I have to change what hes wearing beneath??

Normally he sleeps in vest with sleepsuit with a blanket over but not tucked into as we have the heating on majority of the time...

x

Was gonna get this one?
http://www.vertbaudet.co.uk/baby-nurser ... 64&source=

If it was me I would put him in just a vest underneath.. maybe a long sleeved one, and check up on him in the night to see if he seems too cold or too hot. It'll vary with the temperature in the nights anyway, but I would just use a vest underneath. But the other girls might know better than me, I just play it by ear at the time.

Depends on the temp of your house I guess and what tog sleeping bag you're using.

We use sleeping bags and our LO is wearing a 1.0 tog at the mo with a vest and sleepsuit on. We keep an eye on the temp in our room.

i have lyla with vest and sleepsuit below 20 degrees above that just in a vest

got this from the motercare cat ! was just reading it 5 mins ago !

21-23oc - 1 Tog - Short Sleeve Body suit or vest
21-23oc - 2.5 Tog - This tog is not suitable at this temp, too hot

19-21oc - 1 Tog - Long sleeved Body suit or sleep suit or lightweight PJ's
19-21oc - 2.5 Tog - Long or short sleeved body suit

15-19oc - 1 Tog - This tog is not suitable at this temp, too cold.
15-19oc - 2.5 Tog - long sleeved body suit / sleep suit or lightweight PJ's

:sleep: :sleep:

Hmmm it says its a 2 tog rating. Most guides are for 1 or 2.5 tog.

FWIW our bedroom at night atm is around 17-17.5C (18C is the recommended temp for baby) and we put Galen in a sleepsuit and a 2.5 tog.

When it was a bit warmer he just had a long sleeved body suit on and the 2.5 tog.

I'd say if your bedroom temp is around 18C then go with just a sleepsuit and sleeping bag (if you get the 2 tog one), vest isn't needed. Too many layers can mean LO will overheat. They are really snug in sleeping bags and as they cannot kick them off they don't generally get cold unless the room temp is lower and they don't have the right clothing on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back