• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sleeping bags or blankets??

crystabell

Reaction score
Hi,

I have been looking on the Mothercare website and I am trying to figure out what is best to use at night for a newborn. I am going to be having the baby in a Moses basket for the first few months and am a bit worried about fleece or cellular blankets being too loose that the baby could pull them over his/her head.

Has anyone used the sleeping gro bags?? If so do you think they are useful at night? They look like they would keep the baby snug without mr fearing of covers going over the baby' head. Any advice would be great.

Crystal xx

My nephew has a gro-bag and he loves it! He is always warm and constantly fidgets so its a better option for him.

I am planning on using gro-bags too ;)

It is advised not to use a grobag/ sleeping bag with babies under 10lbs so you may not be able to use one to begin with.

I use one with Evie (have done since she was about 2months) and think they are brill - no worries about the blankets covering her in the night as she is a little wriggler and keeps her nice and warm.

Hasn't helped with sleeping through, we are still waiting 8 months later.... :sleep: :sleep:

We have used a Grobag for Jake since he was about two months old. We would have used one sooner but I didn't get around to buying one until then. I would highly recommend getting one. I have put a link to the official Grobag site below so you can get some info on them(click the more info on Grobags bit). You can use proper Grobags from roughly 7lb in weight but make sure you buy the correct tog for LO's room temperature. If your LO is a bit small for the Grobag at first then you can just use lightweight sheets and blankets to begin with. Just make sure your LO's feet are at the bottom of the moses basket and that the covers are tucked in at the bottom so he/she can't pull them up over themself.

http://www.bumpto3.com/category.aspx?DI ... eping_bags

We use a gro-bag, except I cant find ours at the moment, it seems to have dissapeared into thin air :? I jate waking up in the morning to find Jake has kicked his blankets off because he doesnt cry to let us know.

Matalan do 2.5 tog (winter thickness) sleeping bags for £8.00 :D

As others have mentioned, sleeping bags are not recommended for use until baby weights 10lbs. They are perfectly safe to use and won't go over their heads (providing you use them at the appropriate weight and not before).

I wouldn't be without them.

Cellular blankets are good to use to start off with.

We started using grobags with Isaac from around 1month, he hated covers and would kick them off, even when he was tiny, so grobags meant he was safe and warm, I'd recommend them :D

Thanks for all of your replies i was not sure about them when i first seen them lol

i use a gro-bag now and its fantastic! i didnt use it when she was newborn but thats coz it was june and too hot she didnt even need covers just a sleepsuit x

Hi

I think im the only one who does not put anything on Kadyn...
Kiara didnt have a blanket till she was closer to a year old.

Katrina

I bought a gro bag from mothercare and my DD has used one the last couple of weeks. I highly recommend them, there nug and warm and when your feeding the baby you dont have to take them off - so your baby is warm while feeding.

Everytime we see a sleeping bag my mum always says "But don't the arms get cold?"

Do they???

Charlie loves his grobag...even when he has an afternoon nap he goes in one in his cot! The main reason we started using them was to stop him from trapping his legs in the bars of the cot, it worked and we have never looked back. They can be expensive for the named GroBag so we tend to buy them off Ebay or every now and again Lidl do a lovely version for about £5.00, we've had a couple of these Lidl ones and they were fantastic.
Charlie wears his pyjamas so his arms are covered and he doesnt have cold arms although he used to get cold hands when he was small so we used to put scratch mittens on him until he started pulling them off :roll:

We're gonna try using growbags this time around.
We had proper bedding for James' moses basket and I found it a waste of money cos he was only in the moses basket for about 3 months, after which time the bedding was no longer used.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blehhj
Back