Sleep routine..

Momma`Kat

Reaction score
So Alanna was sleeping 11pm - 7/8am with a 4 hour nap from about 3pm..

Then the last three nights she has fallen asleep at 5pm..and gone through to 5am!

Now im all for 12 hours of her sleeping lol, but aint no way i can keep getting up that early..

She is refusing to take a nap in the afternoon now, and from 4pm onwards its just a mega tantrum before she goes to sleep..

I dont mind if she doesnt take naps.. I dont mind if she wants to sleep 12 horus instead of 8-9 like she was.. But how do i make her sleep LATER lol, how do i keep her up without having a screaming fit?

i dont know if there is anyway you can make her sleep later lol. my lo doesnt have a sleep routine, i go with the flow. i always have him bathed and in pjs and in his room by 7.30 and he is usally asleep by 8. he wakes at 11 for a bottle, and if im lucky he will sleep till 3am, bottle, and up at 7ish!!! he doesnt do day naps now either!!! im exhausted!

Lizzie used to wake up for 'daytime' at about 5:30 but I decided I simply wasn't getting up anytime before 6. So I just gave her another feed at 5:30 and then put her back in her crib with dummy. Every time she cried I'd settle her without picking her up until it got to 6 and then I was 'allowed' to pick her up and start daytime downstairs. She gradually got so she would wake nearer 6 so we extended it to 6:30 and now we are working towards 7. She currently wakes up at 6:50 almost to the minute!
It's really hard work, almost like settling them at night only first thing in the morning, but it's really worked with Lizzie :)

Hope Alanna improves! If not you'll just have to start going to bed at 7pm lol!

I would dream feed her at about 9pm-10pm and she should sleep until later or else stretch the 5pm feed until later evening :)

Cant dream feed her, she either doesnt feed atall, or wakes up completely :(

What way does she feed through the day to see if her routine could be tweaked abit to help you :)

She feeds every three hours, 6-8 oz but takes an hour

All sounds good, the only way to get her to take the bottle quicker is to change the teat or try another bottle. But if Allana takes the feed quicker it may well make her reflux worse so they say slowing them down is better. Would she go 3 1/2 hourly so you'd abit more time in between?

Nah its a push for 3 at the moment :( we were told to get 4 inbetween to help her colic, aint no chance of that thoguh! am gonna lookinto variflow teats

My lil man has got fussier lately and abit lazy with his sucking (he was on Tommee Tippee, medium flow) and I changed to the Mam anti colic bottles, the self sterilising ones and his suck is so strong on those :) he's just on the standard O+ teat but he's shown a a HUGE improvement :) He was using the TT's more like a a dummy :roll:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back