Sleep problems: am I going mad??!

Jen79

Reaction score
Hi, I have a little girl who is just over 10 weeks old, I have been breastfeeding and she wont take a bottle at all so have done it exclusive since she was born. My problem is that she had a couple of mornings last week where she woke at half five and wouldnt go back down so I had fell asleep about midnight, fed her at half 2 till 3 then got up half five. I seem to have got myself into a nasty cycle now of finding it hard to get off to sleep then waking what seems like every hour before waking up at 5 feeling like sh*t but unable to get back to sleep. Its starting to make me feel terrible, my appetite is going and I am feeling really down about it but at a loss of what to do. Please has anyone else been like this? Do you think I am getting PND or is it just the tiredness making me feel like this? Any suggestions of how to switch off a bit? Its as if I lie there waiting for her to wake up, its stupid!!!
Jen

it could just be where you are tried. i would give it a few days,if i gets worse / no improvement, speak to your hv. not sure if that is the best hing to do, but it is what i would.

if i wake an hour before alices feed is due,i poke her lightly to see if she will stur. if she does,i pop a bottle in her chops. :D then we can both get some sleep again.

sorry i can't be of much more help :hug:

I used to be like this and still am a bit. It does get better when your LO starts sleeping for longer on a regular basis.

I sprinkle my pillow with lavender oil and it does help relax me.

I think we all tend to feel down and have no appetite when we are overtired from lack of sleep but Its probably worth mentioning to your HV anyway.

Its hard work being a Mum isn't it, its not like we can just turn the switch off when we want to go to sleep. Your LO will probably drop that 2-3am feed soon and then it will be easier for you :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back