Size of belly

Lulu_Laroo

Reaction score
I've had so many people comment on how I am (apparently) huge for my dates and it's started to make me so paranoid! I had a bit of 'extra padding' before I fell pregnant and have never had a flat stomach, so I'm probably bound to look bigger because of that. But people have also said you should measure from the top of your pubic bone to the top of your bump and you should measure the same in centimetres as you are in weeks. I haven't got a measuring tape but I'm pretty sure I'd be more than 23cms!! It's making me scared I've got a huge baby in there :(
I'm also quite short (5'4") so I don't know if that's got anything to do with it.
Is anyone else feeling particularly huge or can anyone offer any advice?

I'm feeling mahoosive at the mo! I look 30 weeks not 19, but i had a big tummy before but now the top bit between my boobs and belly button is really sticking out now so when I wear a dress it looks huge, but my bottom bit of bump where the baby is isn't as big but is getting there!!! It's just embarrassing when people touch the top bit and say ooh aren't you getting big, and they are rubbing my flabby tummy where there is no baby!!!! I can only assume its popped out so much because all my inside bits have been pushed up to make room for the baby cos I've actually lost weight from morning sickness?????

You could have a lot of water in there too, I had loads with my daughter and was massive, this time everything seems to be slower appearing! I wouldn't worry though each bump is different and how the baby is lying can also make a massive difference to your bump size x

I'm getting similar comments hun, it could well be because you were a bit bigger before hand cause I was aswell... Either that or like Sarah said, a lot of water :) Don't panic yourself. If everything was ok at your last scan, I'm sure everything will be fine :) xx

Don't panic, had the same thoughts, my midwife said they only start the measuring thing from 25 weeks onwards as before that it's not accurate!

Got my next midwife appointment in a couple of weeks so I suppose I'll know if all is normal then.

Bunnykins: I'm exactly the same! The bit just under my boobs juts out SO much, some days more than others (I can tell when she's moved up!) I just feel like I'm gonna look like a bloody weeble within a couple of months! xx

Lol weeble!! At least we'll wobble but we won't fall down lol :)

My sister in law was getting moaned at by her boyfriend telling her to stop being lazy and stuff because she's only carrying a little baby in there.. the baby turned out to be 9 pounds something! She had no idea the baby would be that big. She didn't really show either so most babies can be a total surprise!

I'm sure if you bring this up with your midwife she will put your mind at ease and most likely measure you! xxx

I was very large during the last trimester of my last pregnancy and Quinn was 9llbs 9.5 ozs :). He was long more so than big, if you knonw what I mean?
The midwife said that larger babies can be easier to birth than smaller ones as they travel down the birth canal easier.... don't know if that's true but I had an easy birth last time so will go with it!!! :)

Anyway, now point stressing about the things you can't control... baby will be the size it will be!

The midwife said that larger babies can be easier to birth than smaller ones as they travel down the birth canal easier....

I heard this too - think its as you've got something to push against so it pops out easier :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back