sisters wedding and i'm panicking all ready!!!! Suggestions?

curlywurly

Reaction score
HI Everyone, only just over the 12 week mark, so i guess that means i can now safely dip my toe in tri 2!!! woo ho!!!!

I'm after some advice off you lovely ladies....

All going well, my baby will be born on 2nd August, but we all know that can't be a certainty! My sister is getting married at the end of august and i'm in such a panic about it all. My half of the family live 120 miles away and i have to be there for the wedding of course. But im soooo worried, if i'm late and the baby is only a week or two old will i cope ok as i also want to 100% breastfeed??? Im sure i will, but there is the added worry of buying an outfit for both me and the baby, which everyone will want to see.
I really want to wear something nice and dress the baby as well, does anyone have any reccommendations? I guess i have no idea what my shape will be at that point, and i cant seem to find any newborn wedding outfits on line. I know the most important thing is to make sure the baby and i are happy, but there will be alot of pressure from my mother at the time to make sure we go etc.

help help help!!! :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?

I had a similar stuation with my wedding last year, LO was only 3 months old when we got married and I had already bought my dress before I knew I was pregnant so had to be sure I could still get into it after! I breastfeed too so had to express in advance so there was enough to last MIL to feed LO during the day, and I had to take breaks to go and express during the day to relieve myself as it would of been too inconvinient to feed LO myself during my own wedding! So stay calm there is hope!

As you are a guest you can pretty much take as many breaks to go feed baby yourself somewhere quiet if you aren't happy doing it in public? Explain to your family that you will be there but they have to understand that you may be seeing to LO alot during the day as thats just how it is. Is it a hotel of any kind that the wedding or party is at? If so they will have rooms and you can take LO to a room to feed/change and generaly have a break.

With regards to your outfit, you have loaaaads of choice what with the fashion at the moment being floaty and maxi dresses. Personally after having a baby the only thing I was paranoid about was my belly as it an take a few weeks to go down so if it were me I would go for a nice floaty dress to flatter me and hide my belly. Something like this.....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MONSOON-GREEN-STA ... 240%3A1318

And for LO, you didnt say if you were having a girl or boy or if you don't know? I imagine they will be in newborn size or 0-3 then depending on size at birth, so if you know the sex and prefer to buy the outfit in advance I would just buy a few different smart items of clothing in both sizes so you have a choice at the time depending which fits best. Maybe once you have chosen your outfit just buy some cute baby outfits in the same colour or something?

Ebay do alot of cute things and most are new, i found this for a girl.....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BNWT-Baby-Girl-3- ... 240%3A1318

Hope that helps and well done for choosing to breastfeed :hug: xx

I have the exact same situation - my baby is due on April 25th and my sister is getting married on May 23rd and Im bridesmaid - and the only one at that. I cant even think about it yet to be honest just going to wait and see what happens - but I know we have to go and we already have a little boy. The wedding is about 300 miles away too. Im dreading it to be honest but it is her big day and ill do my best.

I never even thought about an outfit for the baby to be honest - that is another thing :wall: :wall:

My brother is getting married at the beginning of June and I'm due 13 July. I've bought this dress:

http://www.jojomamanbebe.co.uk/detailfa ... e=TRE00009

from JoJoMamanBebe in their sale (though they've got only sizes 8, 14, and 18 left now). I'm going to look again closer to the time, but if I haven't seen anything I like more, I shall wear that. Only problem is that I love it so much already I will probably want to wear it loads before then!

If you're likely to be giving birth less than a month before the wedding, then look for an empire-line dress closer to the time. If you can find one with buttons or a wrap-style one, so much the better for feeding. Alternatively, I'd go for a wrap-style nursing top and a pretty skirt, preferably with an elasticated waist!

My brother is getting married in April 2010 so my baby will be about 10 months old by then. The trouble is the wedding is in Australia! Argh a 20 hour flight with a baby :shock: I'm going to be the most hated person on that plane!!!!

Hi, thanks so much for all your replies, they were really helpful. xxxxxxxx
Some really nice dress suggestions as well, you have all calmed me down!! :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back