• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

sister in law

Ju

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Not quite sure where to put this thread...............

I am 28weeks pregnant and my sister in law has told OH that she's trying for a baby. She hasn't said anything before and it seems that everything I have she wants and it really annoys me! I was pregnant last year and before I miscarried, she started spouting off about how she wanted a baby and it was unfair I was preggers!

I'm really worried that OH's mum etc are now going to neglect our baby. It's as if his sis has to have one up on her bro all the time.

Any suggestions on how to deal with this?

xxx

you'll just have to live with it.

If they want a baby its nothing to do with you. it seems very immature that you two seem to be in some sort on competition. :think:

Live your life and let them live theirs. :)

budge said:
you'll just have to live with it.

If they want a baby its nothing to do with you. it seems very immature that you two seem to be in some sort on competition. :think:

Live your life and let them live theirs. :)

agreed 100%

Totally agree with Budge! So what if they want a baby? Your oh's parents aren't going to neglect your baby because they have one, if they did then they ain't worth it anyway. My sister in law got pregnant after I did and it didn't bother me! I was just excited to be an Auntie and now my niece and son have only 5 months between each other which is great! My mum loves them both equally and they both get the same amount of presents etc, if anything Aaron gets more but my brother and sil live 200 miles away. If they have a baby just be happy that you'll be an Auntie!

I will be happy for her whatever she wants to do but I just feel that she's always rushing into things based on wanting what everyone else has.It'd be lovely for baby to have a little cousin as my sis will wait til she's 100% settled before even considering a baby.

I just feel that sometimes people don't realise what a massive commitment and responsibility a baby is.

Perhaps I've got a touch of the green eyed monster or maybe it's because I've seen so many people rush into things that I never spoke up about?

Anyway, thanks for your opinions, sometimes it's nice for people to put things into a different perspective and to speak to people who are detatched from a situation

x

Ju said:
I just feel that sometimes people don't realise what a massive commitment and responsibility a baby is.

x

i really don't think anyone can prepare for the commitment and responsibility a baby brings until it is born and in your arms.

I think you should let your sister in law get on with her life and keep your feelings to yourself.

Sometimes before i tell people what i feel about them i stand baCK and think ''what do they think about me?''

Budge,
I didn't write that I'd say anything to her- I've got no right to express such a petty opinion. In fact, thinking about it, all of her OH's sisters have babies and she is close to all of them so I guess she feels this is the next step for her.

I'm sorry if I have put across my feelings in a silly manner, but I have not exactly been myself lately-hormones working overtime perhaps?! :evil:

I know this is off the subject, but I just looked at your due date...........wow, your little bundle of joy must be on his/her way v soon!

xx

Same happened with my sil Ju...she's about 6 weeks behind me and seems to want to compete with everything about my pregnancy, I just ignore it now...

Plus OH's mum is a skitto so i'm glad his sister's pregnant too...hopefully his mum wont want to look after my baby as much as she's got her own daughters baby to fuss over, she drinks, smokes pot, is quite mad and I would never trust my baby with her, so it's an advantage for me.

I know what you mean about her trying to do everything you do...maybe she saw how much attention you got for being pregnant? well she will soon realise (if she does get pregnant) that it aint all fun and games...the aches and pains, the worry that everything is okay, the sickness, not being able to wipe your own arse because your bump gets in the way (LOL sorry, happened to me earlier :oops: )...that sort of stuff, and she will think somewhere along the lines ' did I want this baby for the right reasons? ' but by then it will be too late and she will realise it's her BIG responsibiliy!

My mum has 6 grandkids including mine on the way, and none of them get neglected, so don't worry :hug:

Jade89 said:
Same happened with my sil Ju...she's about 6 weeks behind me and seems to want to compete with everything about my pregnancy, I just ignore it now...

Plus OH's mum is a skitto so i'm glad his sister's pregnant too...hopefully his mum wont want to look after my baby as much as she's got her own daughters baby to fuss over, she drinks, smokes pot, is quite mad and I would never trust my baby with her, so it's an advantage for me.

I know what you mean about her trying to do everything you do...maybe she saw how much attention you got for being pregnant? well she will soon realise (if she does get pregnant) that it aint all fun and games...the aches and pains, the worry that everything is okay, the sickness, not being able to wipe your own arse because your bump gets in the way (LOL sorry, happened to me earlier :oops: )...that sort of stuff, and she will think somewhere along the lines ' did I want this baby for the right reasons? ' but by then it will be too late and she will realise it's her BIG responsibiliy!

My mum has 6 grandkids including mine on the way, and none of them get neglected, so don't worry :hug:

Agree, same as me hun, i wouldnt worry about her too much! :hug:

Thanks girls........................

I know I've sounded really selfish but can just be frustrating! Am so glad that my sister is so supportive and selfless-dunno where I'd be without her.
And about not being able to wipe your bum.........I've found it really uncomfortable, too! And trying to shave my legs in the bath is hilarious!
:lol:
xxx

I used to have a bit of a stormy relationship with my SIL. My DH thought that she was probably a bit annoyed that I came along and got on great with his family etc. Anyway I was so worried when I got pregnant because she was already pregnant and I thought she may think I'll take her limelight but in fact she was really happy, we finally have something in common and her youngest and my LO are only 3½ months apart. If anything you will probably become closer :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back