Sippy cups?

mustard

Reaction score
Any recommendations of what I should get as a first sippy cup? My LO is just over 5 months and I want something I can give her water and expressed breastmilk in when we start weaning in a few weeks. I'm hoping to do blw if that makes a difference.

Snap.

I'm torn between a TT one, simply because I use those bottles, and a doidy cup - but they have no lid!! :shock:

Xxx

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

I have a TT cup, doidy cup and a nuby pressure valve cup. He doesn't drink from any of them yet lol!

I have tried loads of different cups and was advised by HV not to use the ones with the valve when weaning as LO still has to suck to get any liquid out of the cup. I settled on the TT cup and have had no problems with them. LO likes it because it has handles so he can use easily and they are easy to clean etc too. Good luck :)

How old is your LO Sue?

I'm thinking of weaning from breast stright to sippy cup and I'm wondering which to use. Would the TT hard free flowing hard spout be okay for LO of 6 months do you think?

(I've just bought one of their valved 'first sips' cups, but have since read bad reviews saying LOs can't get anything out of these, so wanted to get advice before wasting more pennies!)

any free flowing cup like the tommy tippee. Is does mean they can get a bit wet but the valve ones are so difficult, as an adult they are hard to suck and get water out of!!!

I was thinking TT first sips but I was worrying about the valve so thanks for the advice I will avoid. Are there any which are free flowing but with a softer spout. I do think I'll need a lid, I'm not that brave!

We've got the free flowing TT one. He does bash it about a bit but it's not like it spills that much.

I have the free flowing TT one too, LO is 18 months and I've only just started giving it to him because I just couldn't wean him from his bottle, I give him a beaker of milk in the morning with his fruit as he won't eat cereal or anything else for breakfast, now he doesn't mind using it he gets so proud of himself when using it because I clap and make a fuss shouting "good boy AJ" at 6 months when I tried him with it though I had no chance as he couldn't get anything out of it

TT free flow one has worked best for us out of several we tried! He wasnt great at first (6 months) but picked it up quite well after a few weeks :)

Jack used a Nuby beaker from 12 weeks old for water! (he's a Summer baby and sweated alot) He still uses them now. They have very soft silicone spouts. He has a toddler TT one but so far won't use it.

Nuk beakers are really good too but only hold 4oz of liquid x

My lo was a nightmare so ended up with a seperate bottle for water/squash he just use to tip the free flow ones!! He now will drink from anything and doesn't have bottles (since 19 mths) through his own choice not mine!he has a tt sipper cup an he now likes trying to drink from a cup with no lid and gets very excited when he manages to do it!

The vital baby one looks good as you can have it free flow or not spill. Anyone got that one?

My son was one before he drank from a beaker and that was a valved one he will drink from free flowing ones now at 16 months. He would choke otherwise so you just got to see when they will take to one and which one they like as i brought all of them lol x

20/06/2012 - Elliott born at 12:09 x

11/02/2011 - Leo born at 11:37 x

J is using the doidy cup for mealtimes at home and is doing well with it. I help him when it's full and he seems to really enjoy using it. I let him handle it himself when its neary empty so he can learn to control it himself. However I use a freeflow one for when we are out and about because it's just practical.

J is using the doidy cup for mealtimes at home and is doing well with it. I help him when it's full and he seems to really enjoy using it. I let him handle it himself when its neary empty so he can learn to control it himself. However I use a freeflow one for when we are out and about because it's just practical.

That's really clever! Tyler just wants to throw his about. Having said that he does it with his beaker anyways sucks and spits the water out but looks shocked if I hear a gild and he swallows some!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back