Similar holiday thread.....

flexilexi394

Reaction score
On 10th June I am going to Norfolk broads for a weeks boat trip, and Sofia will be 4 months. Any tips?
Also off to Spain in september/October and she will be 8 months. Again, any tips? I'm quite chilled about everything so I'm not nervous about it at all. Just wondered if anyone has any secrets I need to know haha! Thanks in advance!
Things like do I take jars of food etc? X

Take a bottle of your own tap water, and if you make up formula or food for her use that and gradually mix it with the water where you are staying. It saves explosive poops :)

As for Spain maybe buy everything you need out there? Or buy from Boots once you have gone through the check in

Emma x

Baby's don't get a luggage allowance so space saving is a must. We went to Ibiza wen matty was 10 months and could buy baby food out there but took our own formula. I took abotyle of Milton to sterilise stuff. Il let u know if I thinkof anything else xx

Take nappies & loads of wipes, huggies nappies were for a pack of 20 €9 a pack as opposed to about £3 here!! Wipes were also bout 3.50 a pack,
Try n time her feeds for spain around the flight times cos it helps pop there ears feedin, either just water from a bottle or booby,
Il keep thinkin, but pm me by all means if theres oat u wana kno, i went to centre parcs when she was 3 months n just got bk from tenerife for 2 weeks on satdi

X

I took milton tablets for sterilising-much less space than bottle of it. Also took some large sealable sandwich bags and just filled them with water, dissolved the tablet and then stuck bottle and expressing stuff in the bag, worked well as it meant the sink was still free.

Babies do get an allowance for luggage, I'm going to tenerife with my 5 month old on Friday for 2 weeks and got a ten kilo allowance for him for free separate to our allowances x

Kay is right, babies get a 10kg luggage allowance.

What about a pop up little tent for her for the beach or pool? Keeps her away from the sun without worrying so much.

We are taking two tubs of formula, 14 food pouches, 14 fruit pots and two boxes of porridge in our luggage, also taking Milton tablets, sterilising wipes, 3 packs of huggies wipes and 66 nappies plus a pack of swim nappies, its a lot of bulky stuff but at the end of the day is rather that then having to pay out over there double the price. I've read formula can be as much as 19 pound a box for British brands. If the luggage allowance is there might as well use it. We are also going to split the nappies, food, formula etc so if one of our cases goes missing then we still have a few days supplies in the other cases. That's the only thing I'm paranoid about is our cases with the babies things in going astray!

awesome guys thanks, i dont think on this flight we get luggage allowance (easyjet and im pretty sure it said we dont get it when i booked) i will hopefully still be breastfeeding so wont have to worry too much about all that formula carrying!
so jars is a take with?? and shall i just buy bottled water when i get there to use if need be? we have a paddling pool out there with a sun roof thing over it (our own appartment you see) and a travel cot, stroller with umbrella, i guess some beach toys, suncream sun hat all that jazz. i cant wait but its gonna be a completely new thing! im used to just going out there and lying on a beach all day lol guess i wont be doing much of that! x

No advice, but WHOOP for Norfolk Broads!! Lol :)
Marcus is desperate for us to get a boat out for the day but I'm a bit of a scaredy cat when it comes to water...

we didnt get a luggage allowance cos we only booked flights throu thomson (our own appartment too) its only package hollidays they told me that u get a luggage allowance,
if u can find a bottled water called larangon its got a red label on thats safe for use for babies and tbh all the bottled water thats safe for babies has a picture of a baby on so u can tell whats safe to use, i didnt boil it and just used it straight out of the bottle,
we got jars of cow & gate for less than a euro a jar, so about 80p so didnt feel the need to take them, i was a bit nervous about the jars/ pouches and bein in the case and either smashin or exploding in the case and ruining clothes etc,

its a completly different type of holiday, i was on edge for the first few days and until she was in bed i didnt wana crack open the sangrea, we didnt have great weather so it was good really that it wasnt too hot and not too many sunbathing hours missed,lol

x

I just flew up to Scotland but found my baby carrier really useful for walking to baggage reclaim etc but then again I was on my own but Lucy is so heavy think helped alot especially the trek between gates! Have a lovely time xx

Only some airlines give you a luggage allowance. Most of them don't if they are an infant under 2. Worked on check in for 6 years :) xx

Thanks guys. Perfect. I'm pretty sure I don't get luggage allowance, so was gonna take a big carry on! X

Easyjet not even handluggage for baby, so put your stuff in her changing bag! But they do let you take two things for free - ie travel cot and pram (and if your car seat makes your pram, then that's one.)
We've just got back from a relatively hot holiday and one thing we found, she got thirsty! I'd taken a medical syringe in case I needed to give her calpol, but needed it for giving her bottled water.
It's a lot easier traveling when you're breastfeeding!

Lol yeah my milk is already there! Lol. I meant my carrion would be a large one. So can I take changing bag too or just everything in one carry on? And I was just going to take pushchair as I got a travel cot out there. X

That's handy, ours is so heavy!
Just one carry on per person, not including baby.
Huh, actually, I think going out it was ok, but coming back I had to shove everything into one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back