Sickness

Mum2betash

Reaction score
Please someone help me!! I've spent the last 2days in bed feeling so ill. I'm so nauseous I just want it to go away. I'm not actually being sick just feeling like it 24/7 and I just hate it. I clean a school in the afternoons and I struggled yesterday and I feel worse today. I don't know what to do, I've tried eating crackers but just the thought of eating makes me feel so sick. How on earth do you other ladies cope? I don't want to go to work but the head mistress will do her nut!

I know how you feel! I tried bland food like dry toast, crackers, plain crisps. Also try ginger biscuits, ginger and lemon tea or cordial, still lemonade? Worth a try! Hope you feel better soon!

I had attrocious morning sickness in the first trimester, thankfully I didn't work so could curl up in bed.

For me a couple of ginger biscuits before I got out of bed in the morning seemed to help, and then another whenever I felt nauseous throughout the day. I also found extra strong mints a must, I got through so many of them because they really helped keep the sickness at bay (though probably not great for the teeth :)) If you can't stomach mints then maye some peppermint tea, not quite so strong. The most important thing though is to drink plenty of water to keep you hydrated if you are sick. Try and avoid strong smelling or fried foods, even the faint wiff of them made me feel awful.

I found fresh air was helpful too, so maybe try gentle strolls.

It may be worth you taking a trip to the doctors to get a sick note for a little while, I can imagine your job won't help with the sicky feeling :-(

Hope that helps a little and hopefully you'll feel better soon.

Thanks guys, I just hate it. Il be taking a trip to tesco to get a few of these bits, I'll do anything to put it at bay!

Hey hun, just wanted to emphasise what dustbunny said about keeping hydrated! I've awful morning sickness and I'm now dehydrated as a result so make sure you drink plenty of water! Hope u feel better soon xxxx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Ginger biscuits helped me too :). And sparkling water. I had terrible morning sickness over about 5 weeks. It soon goes though :). Chin up.
xxx

Make a pregnancy ticker
:blue:Member Of Team Blue:blue:

:hugs: i really feel for you i have awful sickness to i think the best thing you can do is keep hydrated dont worry if you loose weight i have lost loads it will soon go back on. Try to relax as much as you can im finding goingto bed earlya relif as im sleeping through the sickness. I know you will probably slap me but the sicness is a good sign that baby is doing good. I hope it eases up for you soon xxxx

Last edited:
The only thing that works for me is actually vomiting, and then giving my tummy a rich tea biscuit to chow on. I hope it eases up for you soon. If it's unbearable your GP might give you some magic pills.

Last edited:
Im a bit confused with morning sickness. I'm 8 weeks and for the last two i've been feeling like i have a permanent stone sitting in my stomach!. No vomiting, but feel disgusted at the thought of most foods esp meat. I can smell EVERYTHING and its just generally gross. I feel like i can't no anything more than just sit around like a beached whale! Only things going down are fruits and ready salted crisps can make me feel a bit better temporarily. Anyone else experienced this kind of morning sickness if thats what this stone in the stomach is?

As much as the thought of food is completely hidious right now, I'm finding myself having to eat pretty much all day to keep the nausea at bay. Try it :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back