att Sami (or any other reflux mums)

Duds

Reaction score
hi ya,

Need your help.... Aimee is still on SMA Gold and Gaviscon for her reflux and it was helping but she's got really bad this week, I thought she was on the way to growing out of it but it doesnt seem to be any better. :roll:
Someone told me to use cow and gate Omena (or something like that?) & said it is brill for reflux
Do you know if its ok to switch milks? maybe i should try the sma staydown as its still the same brand that she's on....
Any advice on what one I should get or stick to what im on would be great help

I have thought about phoning the HV but they are pretty useless as you know!

xx

Hey hun - HV's are pretty pants as they go. :lol:
Damien is on Omneo Comfort (by C&G) and it has made no end of improvement. He is a much more settled baby and is sick less.

Switching milks is pretty safe to do. Aimee may have a bit of a funny tummy or different/runny poo for a day or two but Damien has always been okie when I changed milks. He has been on expressed breast milk, Aptimil, SMA Gold, Soya, Farleys and now Omneo in the search for a milk that helps! Omneo Comfort makes their poo smell like rotten egg's so I appologise in advance but it's normal!!

In my experience I found Gaviscon did nothing for Damien. It made it thicker to the point where I had to go to medium flow teats (or level 2 in Dr Brown bottles which is what we use) but it didn't seem to make the milk any thicker if you squirted it out. With Omneo Comfort we use level 3 teats (for Dr Brown bottles, or fast flow for normal bottles).

Hope this helps but if you need anymore answers I am happy to help. Although you should let HV know what you are doing so they can record it. I can only advise coz I'm not trained :D (although sometimes I swear I'm smarter than some health proffessionals :wink: )

xx

Thanks Sami, thats a great help. I'm going to pop out to sainsburys and get some tonight - shame its over £1 more !
Your right I should let HV know I suppose so i'll call them in morn & tell them what im doing.

Thanks again & glad Damien is improving

x :moon:

I think only Tesco's and Boots sell it. The expense is worth it if it works :) should be free though :wink:

Good luck - let me know how you get on with it.

x

Hey Sami,

I have posted here aswell as on the reflux link incase you dont get it...
Well I am now using the c&g omneo but cant say there has been any improvement yet..... do you know how long it takes to notice a difference? shes only been on it for almost 2 days....
I went to doc yesterday as im having real problems feeding her & he couldnt give 2 hoops just told me that changing milk doesnt help and have to live with it until she's on solids. I wanted to hit him :wall:
x

oh....
OMG your right about the poo :shock: :shock: :shock:
It STINKS ! I even gagged !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member