sick leave due to heatwave ?

Sunshine_state

Reaction score
Is anoone on the sick due to this heatwave. I had a funny turn in work today. Felt like i was going to pass out and my heart was racing and took a while for it to ease. My family asking me to go on sick leave coz of the weather.
Plus they heard on the news that pregnant women are at risk.

Don't think work would like that very much. Sorry i can't come into work. It's to hot.

I only.have three weeks left. hopefully the weather won't last x

Last edited:
I felt like this today and ended up sitting in my classroom (without a class!) with my feet up and a fan blowing directly on me. My boss told me to go home at least twice, but as I don;t have a/c in my car and I was dizzy, I decided I would be better off trying to cool down first. I feel much better now that I am home, sitting in the dark but tsill not righT!

I don;t think you can use the excuse 'it's too hot' but you can certainly say that you are suffering from heat exhaustion. I have drank bucket loads today but I am still dehydrated.

I had Mon/Tues off cause the heat had kept me up and made my sickness really bad etc, I went in today but was sooo hot and uncomfortable that I've told my boss that if its the same tomorrow I'll be going home. It's so much more important that you stay cool so I'd defo say stay off if you feel you need to xx

I'm a teacher and my classroom was ridiculously hot. Had a funny turn in assembly on Monday and had to leave, heart was racing, was really shaky etc. I had yesterday off, I really needed it. I can't believe the weather can make us feel so awful. Take it easy ladies! X

No, I've been drinking loads, spraying myself with magicool between lessons, sitting down when I feel I need to.

The classrooms are insanely hot. I'm more worried about smelling more than anything!!! The kids are more lethargic than I am!

----------------
baby giz born 6th Feb 2011
next one due 12th Aug 2013

I'm currently on sick leave (I'm a teacher too). My varicose veins are so bad in this weather and I can't elevate my legs at school. So on Monday I felt like you guys very faint and couldn't walk so I went home. The doctor signed me off till next Tuesday (last day) just so I can say bye to my class. I feel so guilty and bad for my little class but I literally can't cope.

So I've had to be selfish. If in doubt go to your GP. He said I couldn't go back and sometimes that's what you need! To be told :) xx

It does take it's toll doesn't it.

I'm a home carer so in and out of the car all day. Can't keep my drinks cool. Go care for elderly that don't want windows ope or fans on and have time limits in each call. So don't have time to sit. I do get a break of course for half hr but i am struggling. xx

I had a funny turn at school this morning, and on Monday in assembly. Was a wreck this morning and nearly went home but managed to get trough the morning. It's a nightmare! I only have 3 days left so don't want to have time off but dreading tomorrow already! We have to look after ourselves though.
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back