Show

Rosieroo

Reaction score
Are they ever green? And how 'much' stuff do you usually have?

I just had a bath, got out and went to the loo and there was a big lump of green on the tissue, it was about the size of a 20p coin.

Sorry to be gross but I'm just interested as to whether this could be part of a show or something else?

I think my Mum said it looked like snot so maybe...?

+++

I would ring your midwife hun, just to be on the safe side,

I can't remember much from Amy, i was induced anyway so i don't know if it effects it in anyway.

Keep us posted

:D :D

Hi

I found this:

... the mucus plug could be clear, yellow/yellow-greenish, or tinged with blood. It is actually similar to a glob of snot like after you blow your nose and sometimes could have blood in it.

"Snot" like mucus and discharge is normal as you approach your due date. a brownish or pinkish discharge may, indeed, be the mucus plug (bloody show). However, green discharge may be meconium which is a bit worrisome. Amniotic fluid is thin and will run down your leg. If you have any doubts, your doctor can determine what it is.

I wouldn't worry but may be worth calling your midwife.

Good luck

Hi !!

Just saw your post, I'd give the mw a call (or maternity ward at this time of night?) just to get some advice.

My sister had some green discharge and it was an infection so it could be this or the plug or ?

Let us know how you get on
Lucy
29 + 1

Funny that...

I had that "show" at 15 weeks and after all the scares with the bat bite and bleeding earlier, I was sure I was miscarrying again...but they took a swab. It came back clean, I had no problems since apart from the odd pinkish staining...around once a month, maybe. My oby/gyn never told me what this was, the nurses and ER gynie didn't seem to know and my GP told me that I could have shed my plug. Thing is, it was after a bowel movement, so I could have pushed too hard or summat (sorry TMI). Mine was a LOT more than that, rosie, it all came out and was a good two to three tablespoons of yucky green stuff. it gave me quite a turn!

But since then no problems really. I wonder if I will have a show now or is all my plug gone? Weird....

Sue

I just thought. When I was on holiday when I was around 10 weeks I also thought I was starting to miscarry as had a bog snot like blob come out just with a tinge of blood. Could this have been mine too but at like 10 weeks? I will have to mention this to MW tomorrow. Glad you said that Tiny Sue, it's made me wonder as well.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I had my show when I was in labour and it was quite a big blob of brown stuff. Yuk!

I might be making this up but doesn't the show just rejenerate if you lose it? Sure I read that somewhere...

+++

I am seeing my midwife next week, so if nothing else happens in between I will mention it to her then. It wasn't blood tinged so I imagine it was probably just gross stuff (the joys of pregnancy!). I don't want to call her as I only saw her yesterday and I don't want her to think I am a weirdo :oops:

Rosebay said:
I might be making this up but doesn't the show just rejenerate if you lose it? Sure I read that somewhere...

+++

This is true - I have lost some of my plug a couple of times in the last month or 2, but the midwife assures me it does rebuild itself if you're not ready for labour.
I'd let your midwife know when you see her but everything should be fine. Mine was a big lump of green/white/clear stuff (a cross between snot or phlegm) each time too and about that size.
Gross eh.

when i had a show on my first child it was quite a lot i seemed to be wiping and wiping and it was going everywhere i was already in labour when it happened mine was like a clear yellowy colour with streaks of blood in it xxxxxx

Hello, I asked the midwife today and it will rebuild itself as I worried about that big blob I had then at 10 weeks (God knows why I have 4 days to go and worried about something that was when I was 10 weeks!).
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back