Show

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by Rosieroo, Nov 23, 2005.

1. Rosieroo

Rosieroo Well-Known Member

Are they ever green? And how 'much' stuff do you usually have?

I just had a bath, got out and went to the loo and there was a big lump of green on the tissue, it was about the size of a 20p coin.

Sorry to be gross but I'm just interested as to whether this could be part of a show or something else?

2. Rosebay

Rosebay Well-Known Member

I think my Mum said it looked like snot so maybe...?

+++

3. Yvonne

Yvonne Well-Known Member

I would ring your midwife hun, just to be on the safe side,

I can't remember much from Amy, i was induced anyway so i don't know if it effects it in anyway.

Keep us posted

:D :D

4. LouisecH

LouisecH Well-Known Member

Hi

I found this:

I wouldn't worry but may be worth calling your midwife.

Good luck

5. Lucy

Lucy Well-Known Member

Hi !!

Just saw your post, I'd give the mw a call (or maternity ward at this time of night?) just to get some advice.

My sister had some green discharge and it was an infection so it could be this or the plug or ?

Let us know how you get on
    Lucy
    29 + 1

6. Tiny Sue

Tiny Sue Well-Known Member

Funny that...

I had that "show" at 15 weeks and after all the scares with the bat bite and bleeding earlier, I was sure I was miscarrying again...but they took a swab. It came back clean, I had no problems since apart from the odd pinkish staining...around once a month, maybe. My oby/gyn never told me what this was, the nurses and ER gynie didn't seem to know and my GP told me that I could have shed my plug. Thing is, it was after a bowel movement, so I could have pushed too hard or summat (sorry TMI). Mine was a LOT more than that, rosie, it all came out and was a good two to three tablespoons of yucky green stuff. it gave me quite a turn!

But since then no problems really. I wonder if I will have a show now or is all my plug gone? Weird....

Sue

7. emma1976

emma1976 Well-Known Member

I just thought. When I was on holiday when I was around 10 weeks I also thought I was starting to miscarry as had a bog snot like blob come out just with a tinge of blood. Could this have been mine too but at like 10 weeks? I will have to mention this to MW tomorrow. Glad you said that Tiny Sue, it's made me wonder as well.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

8. ashley22

ashley22 Well-Known Member

I had my show when I was in labour and it was quite a big blob of brown stuff. Yuk!

9. Rosebay

Rosebay Well-Known Member

I might be making this up but doesn't the show just rejenerate if you lose it? Sure I read that somewhere...

+++

10. Rosieroo

Rosieroo Well-Known Member

I am seeing my midwife next week, so if nothing else happens in between I will mention it to her then. It wasn't blood tinged so I imagine it was probably just gross stuff (the joys of pregnancy!). I don't want to call her as I only saw her yesterday and I don't want her to think I am a weirdo :oops:

11. Guest

This is true - I have lost some of my plug a couple of times in the last month or 2, but the midwife assures me it does rebuild itself if you're not ready for labour.
    I'd let your midwife know when you see her but everything should be fine. Mine was a big lump of green/white/clear stuff (a cross between snot or phlegm) each time too and about that size.
    Gross eh.

12. rach

rach Well-Known Member

when i had a show on my first child it was quite a lot i seemed to be wiping and wiping and it was going everywhere i was already in labour when it happened mine was like a clear yellowy colour with streaks of blood in it xxxxxx

13. emma1976

emma1976 Well-Known Member

Hello, I asked the midwife today and it will rebuild itself as I worried about that big blob I had then at 10 weeks (God knows why I have 4 days to go and worried about something that was when I was 10 weeks!).
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX