Show us your .......... Best DIY Skills!

My OH loves doing DIY but he often takes too long so I get there first, at 39 weeks pregnant I was putting up the curtain pole that had fallen down a month before as he hadn't put it back up yet...

I can do shelves, flat-packs, tiling, I helped put down laminate flooring, I can plumb in a washing machine, I know more about cars than OH... I can do a bit with computers...

i just like having a go at things.. not sure i'd say i was good at it... but i'll try anything..lol

Lol only thing i can think of at the min is putting together a flat pack computer desk while in uni accomodation, not having a screwdriver and so ruining my best pair of tweezers screwin it all together :oops: :D

We rent but i wanted my dishwasher plumbed in, so i had to;

take out a double cupboard, buy a single cupboard put it together and position it correctly this was pretty tricky as i had to lay down and make sure the feet were at the correct height! Then as there was only one waste outlet for the washing machine i had to fit a whole new double waste outlet which was really gross as it was old and stinky, the the the pipe wouldn't stretch from the dishwaher so had to add an extension - did all this while 25 weeks pregnant!!

OH didn't even want to attempt it and would of paid £250 for a plumber to do it!!!!!

We bought our house when I was about 3 months pregnant but it needed renovating completely so we lived with my mum for 4/5 months.

I tiled the kitchen splashbacks, laid the laminate floor in the kitchen and the hallway, tiled the bathroom floor with black porcelain huge tiles (they were a killer to cut and I even did like a skirting with them so they went up the wall a little bit too)...and I did all that between being 6 to 7 months pregnant so we could move in!

OH is useless at DIY so I end up doing everything :roll: :roll: I love putting up flatpacks..one of my favourite things and I never read the instructions...those are for wimps! :rotfl:

Ooooh and I do shelving, shaving excess off doors, hanging doors, changing car tyres, all the electrical stuff...I just do it all and if I've never done it before I'll have a go

OH just makes a cup of tea and watches

pilkers said:
Ooooh and I do shelving, shaving excess off doors, hanging doors, changing car tyres, all the electrical stuff...I just do it all and if I've never done it before I'll have a go

....and you're gorgeous..
hmmmm :think: me turning lesbian me thinks :think: :rotfl:
watch out monday :wink: :wink:

Kimbo said:
pilkers said:

....and you're gorgeous..
hmmmm :think: me turning lesbian me thinks :think: :rotfl:
watch out monday :wink: :wink:

oi! I have a hammer and I'm not afraid to use it! :rotfl: :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member