Should we go for this name?

Discussion in 'Baby Names' started by KeelyT90, Jul 13, 2016.

1. KeelyT90

KeelyT90 Well-Known Member

With my first pregnancy I loved the name Caleb or Kaleb for a boy, when I told people I liked this name, people were so opinionated and tried to put me off. So I decided when I had chosen a name I wouldn't tell friends of family and once he was born they would have to like it as they've no choice. Anyway conveniently everyone seemed to love the name Ryleigh....

Last thursday we found we are expecting another boy. My OH has said he also liked the Caleb/Kaleb and I really cant find anything else I like.

Should we go for this and keep it a secret again? x:wall2:

2. Slb24

Slb24 Well-Known Member

I would Hun. I love the name caleb.

My family are awful and so opinionated towards baby names. With my daughter they put me off so many names.

I've decided this time (and told them all) that I am not telling one person until baby is here. And if they dare to pull there face or say anything once baby is here then they can stay out of her life lol

Personally I feel that a baby name should be special to you and your partner. It should be your choice and you shouldn't change your mind because of someone else. Good luck xx

3. Phoenix85

Phoenix85 Well-Known Member

Yes definitely. No point in not using a name because other people aren't keen.
    When I had my daughter I liked the name Kiara but most of my family were negative about it. I've decided to use it as phoenixs middle name. Oddly though I though everyone would be negative about the name phoenix but everyone has said they like it etc... Think once baby is born and you say this is... they aren't as brave telling you they don't like it lol.
    I'd keep the name a secret if poss and just introduce him after the birth.

4. TS1982

TS1982 Well-Known Member

Definitely use it and tell nobody I love the name Caleb xx

5. Kholl

Kholl Well-Known Member

Another vote for Caleb here. It is timeless and respectable- it's on my list, too!

6. Kholl

Kholl Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, and don't tell people. I have my girl name 100% but tell everyone- even my nearest and dearest family and friends- that I have no idea what we will name this baby. Not worth the responses and opinions!

7. MrsS15

MrsS15 Well-Known Member

I love the name Caleb. It was my joint choice for our son but hubby picked Lucas as his number 1 so we went with that. I still love it though! Definitely don't tell people, they won't comment when baby is here :)

Totally agree with kholl, I'll be telling people we have no idea of baby names yet just to get them to shut up! Xx

8. mummywanabe

mummywanabe Well-Known Member

Go for it you child!!! I think Caleb is a beautiful name, my mum put me off so many names and wish I'd never told her, this time were not telling anyone, and we're not telling them we know it's a girl either, when we were getting married we had the wedding booked before we announced our engagement as we knew a few people wouldn't be happy with us going abroad to get married, basically the less people that know your business the better

9. Marissa Paul

Marissa Paul Member

Hey Keely, firstly i have to say , very nice profile picture . your son is so cute and i wish your second son would be also cute and adorable . according to my opinion "Caleb" is cute and unique name . you should go for it. All the very best for your future.

10. Marissa Paul

Marissa Paul Member

I liked the name Kaleb. Not being so opinionated, If you don't mind, I can suggest you few names like Camaxtli, Ehecatl, Izel. I just loved these names. You can check it here too http://www.babynology.com/mexican_babynames.html as I prefer to this site whenever I need.

11. jonesdeacon

jonesdeacon Member

Caleb means faithful dog and kaleb means brave dog . So in my opinion both the names are not related to baby . There is no good meaning of both

12. Donna88

Donna88 Well-Known Member

I'd go for it, once you've named your baby people won't be as opinionated about it and if you love the name don't let others put you off it.