should i use OPK? Confused....

Princess81

Reaction score
I'm not sure if I should put this in this section, or in the M/c section :eh: anyway...

After my ovarian drilling my consultant told me that I would only have a fertile window of a few months before my problems with PCOS started getting in the way again.

I got pregnant quickly after the operation but now I've miscarried I am so concerned about my cycle coming back, I am assuming this is a normal worry after having not had a proper cycle since stopping taking the pill in January 2010 :shock:

I'm wondering if I should do OPK's or use a fertility monitor to ascertain when things are happening. With o/h working away if I'm on fertile days it'll probably annoy me if he's not here at that time, but it would reassure me that my body is actually working iykwim?

It is so soon after my m/c, I know that, but I feel under pressure cos I have basically now a 3-4 month time limit before things could start to foul up again. I know that's just an estimate but he could be right! *sigh* I just dunno whats best :roll:

Thanks for listening to me ramble!:)

Hey princess!

Thats a hard call, because as you say it would annoy you as your OH is away.

I used OPK's straight after my MMC to see what happened that month and i'm glad i did as like knowing whats going on with my cycle.

If you do them this month may give you a better idea of when you OV so when your OH gets back at least you will have a rough idea.

All i would say is try not to get stressed about them as i never got a positive OPK for first 2 months after MC, BUT everyone is different and loads of women get pregnant and OV first month.

A few months is quite a bit of time to catch again, as you got pregnant really quickly this time, its a great sign :) i'm sure you will have no probs ;)

Sorry for the ramble xx

Thanks hun, I think I can cope with the annoyance of OH not being here if I know at least my body is doing what it should iykwim? I was keeping a very rough eye on my ov in December (what with everything else that was happening it was extremely low on my list of priorities) anyway, from ewcm detection :lol: I think it was either of days 15/16/17 and I know we did defo BD on a copule of those days. I think I'll go ahead, purely for research purposes.

Oh sweetie, I dont know! I think you should ask a professional (and soon!) xx

Well the nurse from the gynae ward that dealt with my op and my m/c phoned me yesterday afternoon and was just amazing!! She said that she would expect me to have a period in the next 4-6 weeks from now and that its absolutely fine to start trying again if I feel ready to.

What I'm thinking is doing a run of OPKs for maybe this 6 weeks and if I ov then fine, but if not maybe ask to speak to my consultant? They said on the phone that there isn't really anything I can do at this stage but just wait for a period to come along *sigh*

I was given same advice as you princess, wait 4-6 weeks for period and it was ok to try straight away.

I dont think there is any harm as long as you dont stress to much about them :)

I do hope I won't stress too much :shock: I surprised myself with how much I stressed about first tri! I am a believer that knowledge is power really (I think) x

I think it'd be good to know everythings working for ya! and just bd as much as u can when oh home, which im sure isnt a prob when hes away all the time pmsl! it's great you can both try straightaway, i know after my mc everyone said i should wait a year, i was like ffs!! i think another little one helps the recovery IMMENSELY :) good luck girlies!! xx

Hi Princess, I know you have to wait for OH to get back, but in case it makes any difference I can tell you that personally I am not waiting at all. Not even for my first period. Back on the BD straight away, it just feels right, and if I'm ovuating (I've not checked) and it happens straight away then i assume my body must have been ready

How do you feel 'inside' about starting again asap?

Last edited:
Starfish I'm so glad to see that I'm not only one not waiting to try. (did wait the recommended 2 weeks after d&c and that was so hard :rotfl:) I'm not checking OV or anything at minute just getting in the :bd: at all opportunities lol I never checked whilst TTC last time and it worked so hoping that same happens again, with better ending. If not I'll have to join the POAS addicts lol. I turn 40 this year so need to get skates on.

Princess I hope that OH can make it home at the right time for you. You have been through so much and really deserve happiness :hug::hug::hug:

:hug: thank you girlies. I am in the right frame of mind to try again I think. I want to focus my energies into something positive and still long for my little ray of sunshine to brighten up life!! I have accepted the MC and can talk about it without getting upset. Physically I feel totally fine so I will be babydancing next time I see him lol, I just curious as to whether I will have a chance of it being fruitful really. I am trying to prepare my body the best I can by taking the folic acid multivit supplements, cutting caffeine and not smoking. I haven't bought any and have had six cigarettes in the past 3 days (3 yest and 3 day before, none today). I am in a positive frame of mind today, long may it continue!! I think we all deserve our longed for sticky bfp's! :hug: xx

I personally with my MC was 'ok' with it pretty quick after... and that doesn't mean I cared less than someone who didn't cope aswell.... and when I got my BFP it took ALOT of pain from MC away and i accepted it as 'just not meant to be'... also i conceived Mad before first wud have been due... so.... the way i look at it is if i didnt lose first i wudnt have her and i wud not be without her so its easy to look at it like that!! ROLLL on all ur bfp's again!! xxx

I personally with my MC was 'ok' with it pretty quick after... and that doesn't mean I cared less than someone who didn't cope aswell.... and when I got my BFP it took ALOT of pain from MC away

That's really interesting Lisa - I have been feeling bad about not moping around and crying.............not that I don't feel sad about my MMC, guess that's just my way of coping, but good to hear I'm not the only one and thankyou for your inspiration!!

I've been using OPK purely to see what's going on, or not in this case!! My Oh is fascinated and always wants to see the sticks/results!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back