• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Should I ring now or wait?

jazzmum2be

Reaction score
I ordered a ipod nano and charger of argos a few hours ago. They said they send you an email comfirmation after youve payed up to 2 hours later. its now 2 1/2 hours later and still no order comfirmation email! My dad checked his bank and theve taken the money already. Iv got no order number to call up with as they havent emailed me.
What should I do?

oooo - that's tricky- is the number 24hrs? if so ring, but obviously if it's not there'll be noone there :wall: sorry I didn't think that one through!!

I'd ring - better safe than sorry, not like it's only a couple of quid :hug:

Yeah, no its not 24/7, didnt no why I said call them really lol.
Im gonna order another one of apple so I definatly get one for friday because I need to get it before I go to my mums.
Hopefully if the argos one has gone through, I can just take it to the shop and get a refund :)

Just bought another one on the apple site.
Im so impatient :lol:
Iv already got order comfirmation from the apple site, argos are just crap :lol:

I'm not 100% sure but i think Ipods are excluded from the 28 days money back thing...so you can only refund them if there is a fault with it! you should check the website! my memory is bad but yeah i think all mp3 players are excluded from it!!

oh sh**. if thats true, my dads gonna kill me :lol:
Iv just looked on the site!
Oh my god *swears alot* Im so dead!
I ordered the other one from apple store without my dad knowing because I thought the argos one hadent gone through.
I just hope it hasnt gone through.
But if its gone through on the apple store I would of thought its gone through with argos as well.
Oh crist :doh:

Well ring the home delivery line tomorrow since you havent got it yet they might be able to make an exception!!

ok :)
I wish id think before I do these things.
Definatly not gonna be winning daughter of the year after this :rotfl:

Yeah hopefully :)
Im staying up all night tonight so ill be up early so ill call them as soon as there phone lines are open .
:hug:

Oh thank the lord :lol:
I went onto the apple site, and even though I liked this ipod more because you got it engrave don the back for free.
I was able to cancell the whole order as I hadent left it to late.
Oh good, hopefully my dad will never no :shhh:
:rotfl:

For the record, I never recieved an email off Argos when I ordered my bed, they just called me today to tell me when its being delivered. :cheer:

fran_23 said:
I'm not 100% sure but i think Ipods are excluded from the 28 days money back thing...so you can only refund them if there is a fault with it! you should check the website! my memory is bad but yeah i think all mp3 players are excluded from it!!

I'd be surprised if they could legally exclude mp3 players. Goods which are made to order or perishables, yes, but mp3 players should be no different to any other "normal item" as regards to a cooling off period

http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/ac ... 1073792577

I used to work for argos and legally there are items that can be excluded there are reasons for it but i cant remember what the reasons are..freeview boxes are one of the other things..they can be returned if they are faulty so it is not against the law!

Within 30 days

* Most things we sell are covered by our 30-day money-back guarantee, so just return them to us unused, in their original undamaged packaging, in a saleable condition, with your receipt and we’ll give you a refund.
* If you don't have your receipt, as long as you have a proof of purchase* we'll exchange the item or give you a refund with vouchers.
* If you'd like to return something we've delivered, just call us on 0845 640 0800 and we'll collect it for free. Your order number will count as your receipt.
* We're sorry but some items like earrings, foot spas and dental products can't be exchanged or refunded for hygiene and safety reasons, unless they're faulty.
* To protect your personal security, we are also unable to accept returns on some non-faulty imaging and recording products such as MP3 players and digital cameras.
* If a product is excluded from our 30-day money-back guarantee, it is clearly marked by a † next to the product name in the catalogue and on this website.

* Our 30-day money-back guarantee does not affect your statutory rights

Ah, but this applies to goods already received, while in jazzmum2be's case it is an online order which has neither been confirmed nor despatched yet- the part of the sales of good acts I was thinking of, applies to this type of purchasing.

Yeah i did say that to her, but shes cancelled the other one now anyway :)

Yeah cancelled the other one, as that was so easy to do. I could imagin argos not taking it back or something and me having 2 ipods on my hand and a really unhappy dad. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back