• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Should I go to A&E?

LoopyLouize

Reaction score
What is the longest your lil ones have cried for?

Interested to know as Harlow has started up all over again and I am close to taking her into hospital again. I just need reassurance I am not being one of those worried first time mums!

After I wrote on my other thread how good she had been, she has now cried inconsolably since 9.30am! I have tried absolutely EVERYTHING. She has had her medicine, bottle (only half of what she usually has), taken her for a walk, sang to her, rocked her, bathed her. Nothing is working. She has not slept the whole day. I rang NHS direct and they told me to ring my out of hours GP, I did that and they told me to take her straight to A&E as she is so young. Just as I was about to leave to go, she was conked out! She was due her bottle an hour ago and hasn't even bothered for it, she is asleep, not a deep sleep but none the less she has stopped crying and seems content.

Do your lil ones cry for 14 plus hours ever??

I would take her especially if they told you to. I feel so bad for you and your little one! Hugs!

I've not got any experience of this thankfully, but I'd take her in Lou just to get checked if its 14hrs like you say. Really hope you're ok. I know if B cries for 20 mins I'm stressed so it must be horrible.xxxx

I'd go to a&e. Hope she's ok xxxxxxxc

I would see how she is when she wakes and if she is still upset then go straight to A&E, Its always better to be safe in situations like this. If she's sleeping now i'd try not to disturb her too much.

Try not to be down on yourself, Shes still a tiny baby and imagine being born into this wide world when youve been all nice and snug in your mummies tummy for nine months! There are so many things that could be upsetting her.

Have you checked her temp?

Have you checked her temp?

Yeah her temp is 34 so seems ok to me.

She is still pretty content so I think I will leave her and if she starts up again I will take her to A&E. If she stays content, I am still going to go straight to the doctors in the morning.

I am wondering if its an allergy to the milk formula. All the GP's and the Paediatrician seem to think this isn't the case.

The longest Caleb has ever cried for is 5 hours, and that was the first night when he was just born.

I'd see what she's like when she wakes up, then see if you think you should take her in, always better to be safe than sorry xx

If u don't go a and e I'd defo go to ur gp something isn't right :( I hope u get some answers and some rest babe xxx

Thank god two hours is the most we have got **touch wood** so would be worried too if she cried that long its not because your a first time mum if the nhs direct agreed! xx

Last edited:
My eldest LO cried for 22 hours one day then about 14 hours the next day. I honestly didn't think u could go to hosp just for crying, i'd foned my mum & she'd said babies just cry but she had no other symptoms like your LO.

I'd say if she's content then just leave it til tomorrow. see how she is overnight.

xxxxxxxxxx

How horrible for you, hope she's ok now. Id be worried too, esp as Kynon hardly cries. Some babies do cry more than others but that is such a long time. If you instinctively think its her milk then push to find out when you see the doc, I think we often know what is best for baby and what they are telling us. Im guessing you have tried other formulas? Was it a really sore kind of cry or grumpy etc? She probably fell asleep as she was so tired, poor thing, hope whatever was bothering her has gone away now x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Am wondering how she is now? Hoping the sleep has settled her and she is ok now... Xx

Must be so awfull for you hun, this is exactly what tegan was like crying from morning till night when she was exhausted. Was told she had reflux until eventually they decided lactose intolerance. If you think it is the milk definatly go back to gp hugs xx

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk

jshua did from about 7 till about 9 before passing oit. turns out he had an inyolerance to the milk. was so hard to get it diagnosrd as well.....xx

I remember seeing a teen mum episode where they went to the hospital because of crying and there baby had really bad acid reflux and needed some medication- of course you can go to hospital because they are crying too much they cant speak that's there only communication!!! If that wasnt the case NHS direct would just ell you to wait until the doctors is open .

xxx

Last edited:
how is she today?

my lo had a day like that, on off crying all day. we had a routine appointment at the gp for her skin but the gp took one look at her and sent us to sick kids. they didn't find anything wrong but they didn't laugh at us either or say that we were wasting their time, they said coming in was the right thing to do. its not the crying so much that would worry me, its the lack of milk.

Morning ladies. Thanks for all your replies.

In reply to all your questions.

Sorry I can't remember who asked what as I am on my phone and can't look back.

She has been fine since! She is still asleep now! She has only cried for her feeds and then fell straight back asleep with no problems since! She has even been self settling! I just don't understand why one minute she is crying and then now today she is fine!

Her crying isn't just a grumbley cry, its a cry and then every now and again she jerks her body like she has had a pain and then screams for a few minutes, then calms back to a normal cry.

I have changed her formula's 3 times now, she started on cow and gate, then went to aptimal, then to cow and gate comfort. None have made a difference.

Doctors having none of it about her being allergic to the formula. What formula would you recommend changing her too if she is allergic? I am tempted to try it as I don't see how I can make things any worse than they are. Only possibly better or no different.

x

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back