Should I give up with the milk??

Jayceesmumma

Reaction score
She just refuses to drink milk in the eve now.. She used to have it in the morning and afternoon but as her meals have got bigger her appetite for milk has dropped right down to nothing!! Should I bother trying anymore?? She will drink max 2 oz in the eve then push it away.. But will drink a good few oz of juice an fall asleep.. My eldest done this but I can't remember how old she was..

either persevere or at least make sure she gets lots of calcium etc in her diet

you can get baby vitamin drops for babies who drink less than 500mls/16oz a day and just makes sure she's having lots of yogurts and cheese for her calcium x

How old is she x

If you think she can deal with out it drop it i did this when my son stopped his afternoon bottle as he would drink some of it but then wouldn't eat his tea so i dropped it and he picked up on his food and was fine x

39 weeks pregnant. Team blue!

Could you quit with the juice and give cool milk in a beaker or something?

She's just started taking juice properly so I don't really want to cut that out, she only has juice after meals but last night she was fighting sleep for three hours and the juice calmed her down.. Shes never liked milk cool she even likes her juice warm, and she won't drink anything from a beaker yet as much as I try :(
She's 7months..
She has the breakfast layers for breakfast coz she doesn't like certain textures so get yogurt there and she has yogurts for dessert.. She won't eat the chunky food she freaks out when she gets lumps in her mouth won't even eat biscuits :( I try to give her varieties but it's a waste when she won't eat them..
I keep trying with the milk but she just has an oz and then pushes it away :( got half a tin left so will keep trying her but if she still rejects it it's a big waste of milk and money!
She keeps changing it drives me mad! She use to drink about 25-30oz of milk a day including food! She's just gone right off it :(

She could be teething hun, or brewing a cold or something I found my son went off food and drink when he was like that. If she is having a decent amount on the other bottles hun you could drop it, Have you tried giving it eariler and seeing if she will take it more alert x

My LO dropped his bedtime bottle at about 9 and a half months. He has a bottle in the morning and one at about 4pm then no more milk. We stopped giving his bedtime bottle to him when he would only drink a little and then push the bottle away. As long as your LO is drinking plenty of water/ juice and getting enough calcium etc I'd just follow her lead. If she is teething or feeling poorly, she'll soon want to the bottle back again.

Thanks ladies, she doesn't have any bottles at all now :shock: she refuses it even when wide awake.. She's eating plenty of food though. She's been teething for ages and has had bronchiolitis and a chest infection over 12 weeks in a row and was very much into her milk.. Which is why I'm finding it strange she's suddenly gone off it.. My eldest done the same but I can't remember what age she was.. I'm glad she's drinking more juice though coz it was a huge struggle before.. Tried her on milk again and she pushed it away but took 3oz of juice and fell asleep.. :roll: just going to have to find another way of getting the calcium into her she won't even have porridge with the milk just the jars.. Can she have normal yogurts now??

If I was you id keep offering her it at times but just incase try get lots of dairy in her diet plus fruit and veg and Im sure she will be fine. You could always call ur hv if ur worried

Sent from my E15i using Tapatalk 2

Have you tried the follow or toddler milk as they are a lot sweeter so she might drink them x

39 weeks pregnant. Team blue!

Do you give her bay pureed food? I heard if you add milk into them it goes towards the oz aswell? Xx

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2

She's only 7 months I don't think she can have toddler milk..
I give her jar food coz she won't have any made up food even the sweet porridge :(

I changed my son to the follow on milk at 6 months well 5 and half months as he wasn't drinking that much as he was on hungary milk and he wasn't eating much because of it too x

Could trial run her on a few cartons hun? maybe x

drakes doing this and often the only way is to feed him when hes under his mobil, mght be worth a go

My friends little girl did this she's now drinking milk again but hv advised rice pudding and custard etc xx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

Thanks I'll get some and see how she gets on :)
She doesn't have a mobile on her cot.. I've tried all kinds of ways now :( I think she's got a sweet tooth she went thru a stage of not eating her dinners only the desserts she would scream her head off but after about two weeks she got the hint lol!! Maybe she will like sweeter milk then!x

Jack's going off of his milk now (not that he's ever been in to it) so i'm dropping his 10am bottle for a snack (he already has a 3pm snack) and sticking with his bedtime bottle for a bit longer because he usually drinks 3oz-ish at bedtime. He's alot older than Lilyanna though and has alot of dairy in his diet because he's a cheese fiend like me! lol I might try rice pudding and custard too aswell as the yoghurts he already has and the cows milk in his breakfast. x

She hates rice pudding and the jars of porridge coz they are lumpy :roll: fussy little moo!! She used to love her milk then gradually dropped it all down to her bedtime one but now she just doesn't want it at all!! Off to boots hopefully she will like a different milk!!x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back