Should I be feeling baby by now? So many people seem to be but I am not sure?

Celene

Reaction score
Thursday's scan seems like a lifetime away at the mo. I really want it to come now for reassurance. So many people keep commenting that they are feeling the baby already. I am now 20 weeks and still not sure. A few times a get a feelings like a few little taps of a finger on my belly. But I have only felt this a couple of times over the last few weeks so could just be gas:eh: If it was baby wouldn't it be more regular every day or every few days?

xxx

It could just be as you have anteror placenta and that is absorbing the movements?

When I started a thread asking about movements with first bub the answers ranged from 16 - 24 weeks :shock: :shock:

Try not to worry hun!

xxxxxxxxxxx

I had an anterior placenta and didn't start feeling prope movements till 22-23 weeks xx

L

I was worrying too and being my sixth pregnancy I really should have known better. I'm sure baby will make it's presence well and truly known very soon for you, try not to worry Thursday will be here before you know it and you'll see bubs is fine , good luck and enjoy your scan xx

Last edited:
Oh my gosh up to 24 weeks! I can't wait that loooong! :( So impatient! Bring on Thursday :)

I was like you wishing my 20 week scan here as i hadnt felt anything, and the day finally arrived and everything was fine and then at 21 weeks i gradually started to feel flutterings it was wonderful. Stay positive not long now xxx

I'm the same and at my scan last thurs they told me I have an anterior placenta so movement is cushioned... I'm super impatient too so my fingers are crossed that both of us feel something soon!!

I have an anterior placenta and am only now feeling really decent movement, still not as good as I experienced with a posterior placenta x

Wow it sounds like anterior placenta is really common! Thanks ladies :) x

I got my first proper kick the day after my 20 week scan so would have been 20+2 I think... Before that I only had the funny little finger-tap things like you describe, and they were few and far between, just once or twice a week, so I didn't think it was baba either! Still plenty of time hun although I know how impatient we get waiting lol.

Good luck for scan and I hope you start getting lots of little boots and punches very soon! Xx

I got my first proper kick the day after my 20 week scan so would have been 20+2 I think... Before that I only had the funny little finger-tap things like you describe, and they were few and far between, just once or twice a week, so I didn't think it was baba either! Still plenty of time hun although I know how impatient we get waiting lol.

Good luck for scan and I hope you start getting lots of little boots and punches very soon! Xx

Thanks hun, thats what i get very randomly a few times a week so pass it off as just my tummy rumbling or something.My taps def dont feel like popcorn popping as lots describe. Oh I hope a feel a good strong kick soon :)

xxx

Don't worry :) bub will give you a good prod soon enough. I felt baby really well for the last week and the past few days he/she has been not so active :( but scan on Wednesday so hopefully all is fine x

Don't worry hun, I have an anterior placenta and didn't feel proper movement until just after my 20 week scan. Once you feel one proper wriggle they just get stronger, I'm sure it won't be long for you now xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back